Forum Testing & Suggestions

Includes Forum Rules, major announcements, and important community votes. Post bug reports, feedback, and suggestions.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Forum Testing & Suggestions

Post by Kong Wen »

Pluvius wrote: 22 Aug 2017 07:25 We need spoiler tags in chat if possible.
Spoiler tags are now available in chat, with the added (unintentional) protection that they can't be opened unless the page is refreshed. :) They work properly in normal posts, so I'm looking into a way to fix their behaviour in the chat, but they're there now at least.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 24 Aug 2017 15:30
Pluvius wrote: 22 Aug 2017 07:25 We need spoiler tags in chat if possible.
Spoiler tags are now available in chat, with the added (unintentional) protection that they can't be opened unless the page is refreshed. :) They work properly in normal posts, so I'm looking into a way to fix their behaviour in the chat, but they're there now at least.
This little bug has been fixed. They should now be fully operational in the chat and throughout the forum.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Not a big deal, but I'm still having the login issues on mobile and PC. I have to log into the site everytime I come here, and if I click the banner to bring me back to the main page I'll likely have to log in again. I've updated my bookmark and cleared my cookies/cache.

In regards to the spell check thing I mentioned before, for some reason the spell check on my phone works when I make a post in a thread, but is completely disabled when I type in the chat.

I'm not expecting fixes for these things, but I just thought I'd put it out there.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 29 Aug 2017 06:37 Not a big deal, but I'm still having the login issues on mobile and PC. I have to log into the site everytime I come here, and if I click the banner to bring me back to the main page I'll likely have to log in again. I've updated my bookmark and cleared my cookies/cache.
Are you sure you're using https://thisoldneon.com/forum including the 's' in the first bit when you come to the site? If you come to the forum via http:// without the s, login, and then click the banner or any link, it'll redirect you to the https:// version of the page, which you won't be logged in to, so you'll have to login again.
The Shoemaker wrote: 29 Aug 2017 06:37 In regards to the spell check thing I mentioned before, for some reason the spell check on my phone works when I make a post in a thread, but is completely disabled when I type in the chat.
This must be browser related somehow. It works for everyone else I've heard from, and functionally, the chat is just a dynamic post interface. Heck, it's just a text input field. I can't think of any reason it would prevent a system like spellcheck from working.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 29 Aug 2017 13:56
The Shoemaker wrote: 29 Aug 2017 06:37 Not a big deal, but I'm still having the login issues on mobile and PC. I have to log into the site everytime I come here, and if I click the banner to bring me back to the main page I'll likely have to log in again. I've updated my bookmark and cleared my cookies/cache.
Are you sure you're using https://thisoldneon.com/forum including the 's' in the first bit when you come to the site? If you come to the forum via http:// without the s, login, and then click the banner or any link, it'll redirect you to the https:// version of the page, which you won't be logged in to, so you'll have to login again.
The Shoemaker wrote: 29 Aug 2017 06:37 In regards to the spell check thing I mentioned before, for some reason the spell check on my phone works when I make a post in a thread, but is completely disabled when I type in the chat.
This must be browser related somehow. It works for everyone else I've heard from, and functionally, the chat is just a dynamic post interface. Heck, it's just a text input field. I can't think of any reason it would prevent a system like spellcheck from working.
Alright, turns out I was using the wrong forum url, issue resolved! :up:

Yeah no idea why my browser would act differently with the chat, I'll just have to live with it!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong, tried to catch you about this in Chat, but this may work better. Do you have an option to enable likes for posts? A couple other forums I use have this feature, and I'm a fan. Just let me know. :up:
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Likes this message...
Claytone wrote: 17 Sep 2017 08:26 Kong, tried to catch you about this in Chat, but this may work better. Do you have an option to enable likes for posts? A couple other forums I use have this feature, and I'm a fan. Just let me know. :up:
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 17 Sep 2017 08:26 Kong, tried to catch you about this in Chat, but this may work better. Do you have an option to enable likes for posts? A couple other forums I use have this feature, and I'm a fan. Just let me know. :up:
It's not built-in to the forum software, so it would be a mod, but I can definitely look into it!
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Is it possible to tweak the forum to open (external) links in a new window?
I know I can trigger this with holding down the cmd-key when I click a link, but it would be easier if it was a forum default.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 26 Sep 2017 18:58 Is it possible to tweak the forum to open (external) links in a new window?
I know I can trigger this with holding down the cmd-key when I click a link, but it would be easier if it was a forum default.
This is something that's not uncommonly requested, and I've wondered about it from time to time myself, but opening links in the same tab is actually an accessibility/usability standard, and for that reason I've decided to stick with the default.