Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by kawaiipikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:I also like the "find the controller" feature, especially since the joy con are so small and can no doubt go missing easily.
Also useful for confusing cats.
I had a Joy Con ether side of my cat & taking turns on which controller was buzzing.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

kawaiipikachu wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:I also like the "find the controller" feature, especially since the joy con are so small and can no doubt go missing easily.
Also useful for confusing cats.
I had a Joy Con ether side of my cat & taking turns on which controller was buzzing.
I love this. :lol:
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Sent one of my left joy con in to Nintendo. Got it back and did a quick test comparing to my other left joy con. The difference is immediately seen. My repaired Joy Con works from farther distances, and works perfectly fine when obstructed by objects and/or persons. The unrepaired joy con loses its signal when even just a hand is in the way.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Now this is interesting.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/288464-k ... ery-case-w

This is a battery case that permanent stays on your switch. Extends life by 4 hours, and has a kickstand built into it to hold it up. The extra cool part is, it has a micro usb on the side to plug into your TV, meaning it's a fully functioned dock. Really near premise. Even gives enough room to slip the joy con on and off, and holds extra game cards.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

The Shoemaker wrote: 14 Jun 2017 06:50 I posted this in the chat already but I think this is really great
https://nyko.com/collections/switch/pro ... ndo-switch

NYKO brand portable dock for Switch. I believe Nintendo's dock costs $90, while this one is $45 US. It comes with a charger and HDMI cord, so no extra costs there. It's also really tiny which makes it very portable, and there's no chance of scratching your screen for those that are worried. I believe the only drawback is there are no USB ports, but that's something I can deal with if I'm using this as a secondary dock.
Wow so this thing just got better. Turns out this dock has 3 usb slots, so it has everything a regular dock does. Plus since the screen isn't blocked, you can actually use this as a charging stand for your Switch as well if it's not connected to a TV.

Some good pictures here
https://m.imgur.com/a/OZu46

Looks like they changed the design a bit, looks more sturdy, still portable.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Amazon says it's coming out on 31 October. If it's anything like everything to do with the Switch, it'll be sold out for a bit, especially heading into the holidays. Probably worth pre-ordering.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The 8bitdo SN30 and SF30 PRO controllers are now available for preorder from Amazon. They're $49.99 USD.

I just pre-ordered the SNES one.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Just preordered the SNES one as well. They look great! Do you have the other one that I have without the sticks?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote: 15 Sep 2017 17:09 Just preordered the SNES one as well. They look great! Do you have the other one that I have without the sticks?
No sir, I was holding out for this one.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Just curious, what is the Switch availability like in your area now that it is late September? In the Twin Cities, every store that I have been in that sells video game stuff has had Switch consoles in stock, either grey or red/blue. (Target, Best Buy, Gamestop) Most of these places seem to always have extra grey cons and grey pro controllers, but I have never seen any different colored joy cons in stock. (Thats why I bought the blue ones in New York last March) Zelda and metroid amiibo are almost impossible to find still.

What's the situation like where you like? It is still weird to me to see actual stock of consoles at stores!
I intend to live forever, or die trying