Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Guess that happens when you've got more game systems connected. I only have the Wii U and Switch connected and I use the Switch more. I've still got a backlog on the 3DS (and other systems), but have not spent much time on it lately.
Software lineup for Switch is still good for me. Yooka-Laylee is still unplayed, ready to start when I'm finished with SMO and sometime in the future there's a Metroid Prime game to pick up (I hope).
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 21 Feb 2018 14:54
The Shoemaker wrote: 21 Feb 2018 02:19 I definitely share your concerns in regards to software line up Slurm, but I've been playing my switch plenty this year. Mostly Indies like Celeste, Super Meat Boy, but also a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles, Rayman Legends and Splatoon 2. I guess I just have a good amount of back catalog to play.
The same thing has pretty much been happening to me, where I only need the Switch to play Switch exclusives (playing SMB on PS4, Celeste on PS4), and I only boot up my Switch exclusives between longer bouts of main PS4 games.

I certainly intend to continue to chip away at Switch games I haven't beaten yet, but it'll never be my main system and I don't expect it to be.
Yeah exactly. I only play my ps4 every few months, but I don't mind, that's what it's there for.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 21 Feb 2018 02:19 I definitely share your concerns in regards to software line up Slurm, but I've been playing my switch plenty this year. Mostly Indies like Celeste, Super Meat Boy, but also a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles, Rayman Legends and Splatoon 2. I guess I just have a good amount of back catalog to play.
The same thing has pretty much been happening to me, where I only need the Switch to play Switch exclusives (playing SMB on PS4, Celeste on PS4), and I only boot up my Switch exclusives between longer bouts of main PS4 games.

I certainly intend to continue to chip away at Switch games I haven't beaten yet, but it'll never be my main system and I don't expect it to be.
Yeah it’s the whole why should I buy it on switch when I can buy it on PS4 and get trophies and have a better controller and never have to worry about a dodgy port. (Eg RiME)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 22 Feb 2018 00:29

Yeah it’s the whole why should I buy it on switch when I can buy it on PS4 and get trophies and have a better controller and never have to worry about a dodgy port. (Eg RiME)
Yeah, play on the platform that's the most convenient for You! Just play the exclusives when they come.

Interesting that you mention RIME, it was actually just updated the other day and stabilized the frame rate, increased the resolution and fixed some bugs. But I know what you mean.

Another notable update was DOOM, which just yesterday was updated to increase the resolution, add in motion control aiming and fix the multiplayer party system. Once a sale hits I'm pretty down yo give this a try.
neuzd
Ω

Post by neuzd »

The Shoemaker wrote: 22 Feb 2018 04:12 Another notable update was DOOM, which just yesterday was updated to increase the resolution, add in motion control aiming and fix the multiplayer party system. Once a sale hits I'm pretty down yo give this a try.
The update also fixed a couple of nasty major bugs, one where controls stopped working in the menus the other messed up the audio really bad.
I have the sensation that the game is also faster at loading.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

neuzd wrote: 22 Feb 2018 21:33
The Shoemaker wrote: 22 Feb 2018 04:12 Another notable update was DOOM, which just yesterday was updated to increase the resolution, add in motion control aiming and fix the multiplayer party system. Once a sale hits I'm pretty down yo give this a try.
The update also fixed a couple of nasty major bugs, one where controls stopped working in the menus the other messed up the audio really bad.
I have the sensation that the game is also faster at loading.
Glad to hear they fixed that, I know the community has been asking them to fix the audio issue since launch. Panic Button also said recently their Switch ports in particular have been selling better than on other consoles. They said they have more projects in the works. The fact that DOOM and Rocket League both got pretty big performance updates recently makes me hope projects like Wolfenstien II
Work well right off the bat.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Bah, not only is the Switch play time logger apparently not getting any better, it's getting worse! Players are reporting their hours are getting reset as it seems the system will only keep track of a year's worth of play time data.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/2/170711 ... tivity-log
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Well that sucks, and I presume that the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls smartphone app only keeps a year as well.

I guess we got to record our play times the old fashioned way!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I think there's hope that it's a bug, and it's just not differentiating March 2017 from March 2018. So hopefully in 10 days it will go back to normal and show your regular play time again.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

This is the perfect time for Nintendo to revamp the system and give as a Wii U/3ds like logging system as a fix.