Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Nintendo Switch

Post by Claytone »

I noticed there was no thread devoted to speculation on this upcoming device (unless I missed it), so I guess I'm here to start it with this bit of news.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 3081522176

Nintendo confirms that the NX is coming out in March of next year. They also say that it won't be at E3. Mindboggling on both counts, if you ask me!
You got BOOST power!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Nintendo NX

Post by SkyPikachu »

Maybe they're announcing details in March 2017? Doubtful but they worded it weirdly.

Edit: " As the first announcement of any NX information, Nintendo confirmed that NX is scheduled to launch in March 2017. " - Source Nintendo.com.au

Do we even know yet if the NX is a console?

Edit: Yes Zelda Wii U is going to be on NX as well.

Considering the lifespan between console it's very similar to most so people saying that nintendo are having a quick turn around are wrong.

NES 1985
(6 years)
SNES 1991
(5 years)
N64 1996
(5 years)
GCN 2001
(5 years)
Wii 2006
(6 years)
Wii U 2012
(5 years)
NX 2017

Nontheless I'm terrified this console will have VR in it and I don't want that :(
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote:Nintendo confirms that the NX is coming out in March of next year. They also say that it won't be at E3. Mindboggling on both counts, if you ask me!
Because Nintendo.
Slurmee wrote:Considering the lifespan between console it's very similar to most so people saying that nintendo are having a quick turn around are wrong.
It's not so much the quick turn-around, it's the fact that it's getting released out of step with generational increments. It's being built to compete with deeply-established current-gen systems. That doesn't matter so much from a hardware perspective these days, but it definitely matters to companies choosing which platforms to which to publish their games.

I don't think it'll actually be a big problem for them, since they'll tread water with Nintendo and indie games. It can't be as disastrous as the Wii U was.

I predict we'll see an upgraded Splatoon with better online infrastructure, since that was a surprise hit for them.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm sure they would have preferred to launch this holiday, so for me I like the idea that they are trying to ensure they have a strong launch for the console. They do have a lot to compete for now with new VR tech and possible new hardware revisions for PS and XBOX.

They said they won't be showing NX at E3, which I have a hard time believing. Seems like a big opportunity to miss, even if you consider the fact that they will be competing for attention with the other companies.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I have no faith in it. Nintendo should have waited until the right time and kept supporting the Wii U. Alternately they could have focused on the 3DS or something in an inversion of what Sony did (abandoning the Vita to pump up the PS4).

If they're not showing the NX at E3 this year, I'm guessing that Zelda will dominate the show instead. I can't imagine any surprises from nintendo. last year's e3 was abysmal and although there were surprises, they were the equivalent of the viet cong popping out of the jungles to throw confetti at you: entirely underwhelming and ineffective.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote:I have no faith in it. Nintendo should have waited until the right time and kept supporting the Wii U. Alternately they could have focused on the 3DS or something in an inversion of what Sony did (abandoning the Vita to pump up the PS4).

If they're not showing the NX at E3 this year, I'm guessing that Zelda will dominate the show instead. I can't imagine any surprises from nintendo. last year's e3 was abysmal and although there were surprises, they were the equivalent of the viet cong popping out of the jungles to throw confetti at you: entirely underwhelming and ineffective.
I personally think the market has peaked on both the Wii U and 3DS based on the type of games Nintendo can provide. Both systems are also very outdated, even by outdated current gen standards.

But yeah, Nintendo said the only playable game at E3 this year is Wii U Zelda :lol:
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

First of, I have no clear opinion about the NX. Sure, I've read enough articles about it but I won't care for the NX until it's there. The Wii U still has enough to offer me gamewise, so I won't even need to get the NX early on.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:First of, I have no clear opinion about the NX. Sure, I've read enough articles about it but I won't care for the NX until it's there. The Wii U still has enough to offer me gamewise, so I won't even need to get the NX early on.
It really is a funny topic because we actually have no idea what NX is yet despite knowing it's coming March 2017.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

We know exactly what it is! I have no idea what you are talking about.

The NX is an exciting new experience from Nintendo. It will be something innovative, different, and fun. Families will be able to use this, as well as singles and adults. This thrilling new concept will be different from it's competitors, but similar enough to provide a sense of familiarity. It will be the classic Nintendo you know, with an exciting new twist. Nintendo NX.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I can't tell if you're joking or if you just went full skttr on us...
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.