Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
evildevil97
Adept

Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy

Post by evildevil97 »

I have never been this excited for a remaster. This is how it's done.

Reveal trailer (PSX 2016):

I'm reminded of Super Mario Allstars in the kind of fresh paint it gave the original games. I'm loving the fixes they gave to the first game: Proper saving, proper gem collecting, and better access to bonus rounds. And time trials in every game! As a PS1 Crash Bandicoot fanatic, I am so stoked for this. Preorder is available on PSN for $40. I'm waiting to see if there will be a physical release, but either way... this is amazing. And further proves a longstanding opinion I've held: Vicarious Visions is second only to Naughty Dog in their Crash games. (They previously did Nitro Kart and the GBA games.)

I admit, I'm disappointed in some casting choices: Lex Lang over Clancy Brown for Cortex, and Maurice LaMarche as N.Brio. Though their characterizations are much more in line with the classic versions than they used to be, so it's really a minor nitpick on my part. Worth posting the Crash 1 intro cutscene from this remake:

Last edited by evildevil97 on 05 Dec 2016 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy

Post by The Shoemaker »

Looks great! Hopefully the gameplay holds up, it looks a little dated in the trailer. I remember Crash feeling very loose in terms of controls.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I hope they fix the saving in the first game (I heard theirs no issue in 2-3) because I got stuck in the game and gave up considering I had to beat like 4-5 levels I really struggled with without game overing to get to the next save point and i could never truely practice the last few levels of the 4-5 levels due to the limited ammount of times I'd reach those levels.
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

They already announced that saving has been streamlined across the board, specifically mentioning the issues in the first game. If I ever replay OG Crash 1, I end up using the master password, just to be able to make any sort of progress.

PS Blog post about it: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/ ... h-details/
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Nice, this is a great announcement. I was wondering when Crash was finally going to make a comeback.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I'm excited to play this. As a kid, I only ever played Crash 3. Unfortunately, my dad didn't know what a memory card was, and I was too young to satisfactorily explain it to him, so I was stuck playing the same levels over and over. Will be nice to finally play these games in full, with a fresh coat of paint to boot. Looking forward to it.
You got BOOST power!
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Been playing this lately. Crash 3 feels really good in the remaster, with only a few minor hiccups in my opinion. 1 is especially wonky with some of the updated jump mechanics. 2 is in the middle. I hope they patch some of the hit detection issues. I can't see myself going back to Crash 1 until some of it is fixed.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Playing through 1 and some of the depth perception is so hard is this fixed in later games or is it still a hot mess?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 14 Jan 2018 08:34 Playing through 1 and some of the depth perception is so hard is this fixed in later games or is it still a hot mess?
From what I understand, 2 and 3 are a pretty big step up in game design. I've heard a lot of people say play 1 after 2 and 3 so you're not discouraged
From what I remember of these games though, depth perception is always a little tough.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Ouenben
Great Scot
Great Scot

Post by Ouenben »

Slurmee wrote: 14 Jan 2018 08:34 Playing through 1 and some of the depth perception is so hard is this fixed in later games or is it still a hot mess?
They're difficult games in general but stick with it I'm almost at the final boss of Crash 1, you get used to the design/gameplay.