Xbox Game Pass

Microsoft discussion, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Scorpio, Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements & Gamerscore, Games on Demand, and Kinect.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Xbox Game Pass

Post by Kong Wen »

This is interesting. Xbox Game Pass, basically Netflixbox, lets players pay a subscription fee of $9.99 USD per month to have unlimited access to more than 100 Xbox One and Xbox 360 games on Xbox One and Windows 10. Kind of like PlayStation Now (but probably with better selection and pricing).
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Xbox Game Pass

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:This is interesting. Xbox Game Pass, basically Netflixbox, lets players pay a subscription fee of $9.99 USD per month to have unlimited access to more than 100 Xbox One and Xbox 360 games on Xbox One and Windows 10. Kind of like PlayStation Now (but probably with better selection and pricing).
I'm guessing this has started already? If be curious to know if new games get added on here or if it's mostly older first party stuff. Either way it's pretty neat. Is it also done through streaming? That's the disappointing thing about Now.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I got Game Pass for $1 and oh boy is it amazing 100+ games I get to play this is something so underrated. I wish Sony did this.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote: 06 May 2018 08:48 I got Game Pass for $1 and oh boy is it amazing 100+ games I get to play this is something so underrated. I wish Sony did this.
They do.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

I wish Nintendo did this.

Those guys don’t.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 07 May 2018 13:21
Slurmee wrote: 06 May 2018 08:48 I got Game Pass for $1 and oh boy is it amazing 100+ games I get to play this is something so underrated. I wish Sony did this.
They do.
Let me rephrase I wish sony did it the same way xbox does so it doesn't suck.

Also I'm guessing Virtual Console will be a game pass like service
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 08 May 2018 01:04
They do.

It's a bit cynical, but it almost feels like Microsoft is the only one who could do this. Sony is too far ahead to need a tactic like this, and Nintendo has no problems selling their first party games at full price for years on end. Microsoft doesn't have a lot of exclusive offerings and they are lagging this generation, so a value offering like Game Pass really makes sense.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 17 May 2018 23:27

They do.

It's a bit cynical, but it almost feels like Microsoft is the only one who could do this. Sony is too far ahead to need a tactic like this, and Nintendo has no problems selling their first party games at full price for years on end. Microsoft doesn't have a lot of exclusive offerings and they are lagging this generation, so a value offering like Game Pass really makes sense.
You’re not the first person to say this to me when I suggest Sony copies this too and the thing is they already have a (bad) services like this with PlayStation Now. I don’t see Nintendo offering this service anytime soon considering first party games are the biggest selling point not to mention they seem 10 years behind everyone. However I still see a Subscription based classic game services coming one day.

So technically Sony and Nintendo do have services like this already with PlayStation Now and Nintendo Onlines 20 Classic NES Games.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 18 May 2018 02:17

You’re not the first person to say this to me when I suggest Sony copies this too and the thing is they already have a (bad) services like this with PlayStation Now. I don’t see Nintendo offering this service anytime soon considering first party games are the biggest selling point not to mention they seem 10 years behind everyone. However I still see a Subscription based classic game services coming one day.

So technically Sony and Nintendo do have services like this already with PlayStation Now and Nintendo Onlines 20 Classic NES Games.
Yeah, just like you said, don't see either of them replicating Game Pass in the way Microsoft does it for a long time.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 18 May 2018 05:00
Slurmee wrote: 18 May 2018 02:17

Yeah, just like you said, don't see either of them replicating Game Pass in the way Microsoft does it for a long time.
Yeah I think sony can just say yeah we have a game pass service even though it's average it still exist and we don't really have much pressure to make it better.