Steam Sales

A place to discuss PC gaming, including software, client platforms such as Galaxy, Origin, Steam, and Uplay, and hardware like Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Steam Sales

Post by SkyPikachu »

What time do steam sales daily reset?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Steam Sales

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote:What time do steam sales daily reset?
I believe it's 1:00 p.m. Eastern time—plug that into your time zone converter of choice.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote:
Slurmee wrote:What time do steam sales daily reset?
I believe it's 1:00 p.m. Eastern time—plug that into your time zone converter of choice.
I've memorised the conversion time anyway :) Thanks
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

when's the next sale

edit: nvm
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Steam Summer Sale is on, plus sticker book. (I haven't been able to login yet.)
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I bought 100% orange juice and broforce. They were absurdly cheap.

I'm pretty on the fence about whether I want to spend any actual money on this steam sale. Last year I spent $150.00 for a bunch of games, many of which I never ended up playing. Some games I'm interested in though:

Toukiden 2: I couldn't get this to work when I first downloaded it, but maybe after some patches and upgrading my graphics drivers, I'll have better luck. Unfortunately, it's also not on sale somehow.

NA: SOI Sengoku Risshiden: This is NA: SOI but with Yukimura, Osaka and officer play. To be honest, I haven't heard great things about it. Many people say NA: SOI is a better game, but I liked NA: SOI enough to consider double dipping with this title.

Disgaea 2: On sale for cheap enough for me to consider it, and I enjoyed Disgaea 4. I've actually played Disgaea 2 a little in the past, but not much. Might be worth starting fresh.

civ VI: I'm probably going to hold off till we get a complete pack with expansions on sale though. I'm onto Firaxis' shit now. :lol:

Way of the Samurai 4: At 10$ it's cheap enough to warrant my attention, and I actually enjoyed Way of the Samurai 3.

For the King/Divinity Original Sin 2: These games look really solid for early access, but I probably won't pick them up until they're a bit more developed. OS2 is not on sale anyways.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Jordan wrote:
civ VI: I'm probably going to hold off till we get a complete pack with expansions on sale though. I'm onto Firaxis' shit now. :lol:
I would highly suggest doing just that. Frankly, Civ 6 is not very good and it will require some major changes to solve the issues.

I picked up:

Thimbleweed Park
- Wanted it.
Stardew Valley - Same
Duskers - Been on my radar for quite awhile
The Last Door Season 2 - Season 1 was nifty and it's cheap
Another Star - Random purchase 1
Rusty Lake Hotel - Been on my wishlist for a while
Thirty Flights of Loving - Same
A Normal Lost Phone - Random purchase 2 after seeing Kong play it in the Activity list
Bastard Bonds - Random purchase 3 and the only one I played so far, quite a lot of pixel dicks in this one.
Thought the dev is probably gay and into bears, Googled the studio and... well it's his only
game that would be allowed on Steam. Still quite fun playing a bare-butt orc.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I ended up buying Tyranny, Way of the Samurai 4, Noiti Love 2 Devolution and For the King. I felt like I should try new games rather than just buying games from series I'm familiar with.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote:I ended up buying Tyranny, Way of the Samurai 4, Noiti Love 2 Devolution and For the King. I felt like I should try new games rather than just buying games from series I'm familiar with.
Probably a good strategy.

I just bought a few bite-sized narrative-based puzzle games, like A Normal Lost Phone and One Night Stand. Good to tinker with for the price of a coffee, without too much of a guilt-to-time-invested feeling. :)
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Oh yeah, I also picked up 100% orange juice and Broforce on the sale. They're super cheap. Orange Juice is a game I've played before. It's basically an online multiplayer board game.

I'm pretty disappointed that KOEI's Toukiden didn't go on sale and neither did Divinity Original Sin 2. I also noticed while browsing that many games which I want are not out yet. To wit:

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile inspired turn-based RPG.

Freedom Planet 2: The NotSanic series except better than Sanic...making it NotSanic in a good way. I loved the first game.

Children of Zodiarcs: This could turn out to be great or terrible, but it seems to be an interesting looking tactics RPG.

Blue Reflection/Nights of Azure 2: These could also turn out to be great or terrible. They're RPGs done by Gust, which is a company known for the Atelier series. Atelier games are somewhere between mediocre and decent most of the time. Blue Reflection appears to be inspired by Persona so I think it could be neat.

There's also Monster Hunter World but that's a loooooong way off.