Pier Solar

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Pier Solar

Post by Kong Wen »

I just got another email update from the Pier Solar Kickstarter. They're currently in certification with some companies and not others. Apparently that's preventing them from setting a release date (I guess they want to set a date for simultaneous release on all platforms).

The other big news in the email is that they were unable to come to an agreement with a publisher on X360, meaning the game is cancelled for that platform (weird, since the game was originally pitched for X360 and the the Kickstarter expanded to other platforms). Anyway, everyone who backed for an X360 copy got a survey asking which alternative platform they would prefer: I chose PS4.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Re: Pier Solar

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Are they still making a Dreamcast version?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

A Beta Fu7ure wrote:Are they still making a Dreamcast version?
As far as I know! Their recent emails haven't said anything about the Dreamcast version. With these guys, that's probably a good thing.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

If they don't get cracking on this they run the risk of my interest...evaporating all together.

"They run the risk of my interest evaporating."
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote:If they don't get cracking on this they run the risk of my interest...evaporating all together.

"They run the risk of my interest evaporating."
Well, it has been something like 4 years...
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:I just got another email update from the Pier Solar Kickstarter. They're currently in certification with some companies and not others. Apparently that's preventing them from setting a release date (I guess they want to set a date for simultaneous release on all platforms).
That's probably a good thing to have to aim for a simultaneous release, so everyone can play!
The other big news in the email is that they were unable to come to an agreement with a publisher on X360, meaning the game is cancelled for that platform (weird, since the game was originally pitched for X360 and the the Kickstarter expanded to other platforms).
Wow. This is shocking. Not even Microsoft wanted to publish it themselves? I personally hope the game still comes to Wii U, PS4/PS Vita (if such things exist for the latter) and Dreamcast (I know you've already replied on that).
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote:Wow. This is shocking. Not even Microsoft wanted to publish it themselves? I personally hope the game still comes to Wii U, PS4/PS Vita (if such things exist for the latter) and Dreamcast (I know you've already replied on that).
It's still coming to PS3, PS4, Vita, Wii U, and Steam. It looks like it's also coming to Xbox One, judging from the survey they sent out, but that strikes me as odd if they can't get it published on 360. Time will tell, I guess...
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:
kitroplious wrote:Wow. This is shocking. Not even Microsoft wanted to publish it themselves? I personally hope the game still comes to Wii U, PS4/PS Vita (if such things exist for the latter) and Dreamcast (I know you've already replied on that).
It's still coming to PS3, PS4, Vita, Wii U, and Steam. It looks like it's also coming to Xbox One, judging from the survey they sent out, but that strikes me as odd if they can't get it published on 360. Time will tell, I guess...
Well at least that's good to know Xbox One is on that survey. Hopefully, the game doesn't get cancelled entirely; it would be a big loss.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote:Well at least that's good to know Xbox One is on that survey. Hopefully, the game doesn't get cancelled entirely; it would be a big loss.
It won't.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

My patience is finite (especially for a game that didn't merit much excitement to begin with). It's main appeal is that it's a new old-school RPG, but there are others and likely better ones I can play instead. They should have given me access while I was still excited about it - would have been an easy, day-one, full-retail-price sale. Now I'm on the fence and not sure if I'll get it at all.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.