Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Post by squishy »

Hands down, this is my favourite game of the year. I've got more time in this than any other game on my Wii U. Well worth the money. I don't regret this one like I did MP10, SMM or AC:AF.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I played it for a bit today. I probably need to rtfm because so far the combat confuses me. It looks similar to xenoblade superficially but I can tell there are some big differences, especially since the characters seem like they can go into melee or ranged fighting modes. I think I'm going to have to contain my desire to explore for a bit as well until I progress even a little bit into the story.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm still debating if I want to start the game yet or not. So many new PS4 games to play, and I wouldn't mind taking a little break from the series since I'm still actively playing Xenoblade on 3DS.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Niahak

Post by Niahak »

Jordan wrote:I played it for a bit today. I probably need to rtfm because so far the combat confuses me. It looks similar to xenoblade superficially but I can tell there are some big differences, especially since the characters seem like they can go into melee or ranged fighting modes. I think I'm going to have to contain my desire to explore for a bit as well until I progress even a little bit into the story.
You actually will need to switch between the combat forms pretty frequently, from my experience (just about 15-20 hours in so far). Some classes are more focused on one than the other.

Some chapters and sidequests will require substantial exploration to be done, so you don't miss out on anything by exploring before completing story missions. I thought I'd be really over-leveled for one chapter as I'd spent around 5 hours just exploring and doing sidequests. Turned out not to make a difference.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Took some time to both rtfm and discover things on my own. :lol: I do really love the wii u gamepad maps. I just unlocked those. Also LOVE how you can customize the in-game cheesy ass battle dialogue, and doing so changes the bonuses you get.

I like the character creator.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

WE SKELL NOW

Skells are so much fun! I love how I can turn into a motorcycle. I did a lot of exploration as soon as I got one.