$500 off...

Microsoft discussion, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Scorpio, Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements & Gamerscore, Games on Demand, and Kinect.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

$500 off...

Post by Kong Wen »

Best Buy Canada's online store was offering a pretty damn good deal on an Xbox One bundle for a very brief time earlier this morning. Apparently some people snuck orders through at that price, but I guarantee those orders were cancelled on the grounds that it was an error.

I would have jumped on that deal! :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: $500 off...

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:Best Buy Canada's online store was offering a pretty damn good deal on an Xbox One bundle for a very brief time earlier this morning. Apparently some people snuck orders through at that price, but I guarantee those orders were cancelled on the grounds that it was an error.

Oh man, I would have tasted victory if I had the urge to get one! :-P
Last edited by kitroplious on 26 Jul 2014 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote:Best Buy Canada's online store was offering a pretty damn good deal on an Xbox One bundle for a very brief time earlier this morning. Apparently some people snuck orders through at that price, but I guarantee those orders were cancelled on the grounds that it was an error.

Ha, that's pretty good. I know that Wal-mart has had similar flubs in the past, and they've usually honored at least the first certain number of orders. Would have been worth a try regardless!
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I love seeing errors like this, I hope those who snagged it actually got it!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Claytone wrote:Ha, that's pretty good. I know that Wal-mart has had similar flubs in the past, and they've usually honored at least the first certain number of orders. Would have been worth a try regardless!
I remember hearing somebody buying two limited editions of Ys SEVEN for under $5 each at launch...
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

I remember one of the UK retailers (Argos I think) offering a £15 off code when you registered a new account, however they forgot to lock it to a minimum purchase and tons of people scored entirely free games with it at the time. I was meant to get Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg but it mysteriously became out of stock after the transaction went through.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

At that price it would be a tempting offer yet the order would probably be cancelled due to an error.
I know if the offer was here in Australia they would legally would have to honor the deal.
In fact I manage to get a game for the sale price the day it meant to end all because the price was left on the shelf by mistake.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"