Hyrule Warriors

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Hyrule Warriors

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Downloaded and played through the demo of Hyrule Warriors Legends on my 3DS. The demo was easy to get through and looked good, but I still don't think it's a game for me.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So I think it was last week it was announced that you'll be able to buy the extra content released for the 3DS version as DLC on the Wii U version. I don't think it comes with the extra story chapters though. Just Linkle, Skull Kid, King of Red Lions, Tetra and Toon Link. I'm guessing it also comes with an extra adventure mode map and Gannon's new weapon. Unfortunately I don't think the game is being updated to include the awesome new 3DS features which lets you play as multiple players on a map and quickly switch between them reducing the amount of running around you need to do, as well as giving your army specific commands and the My Fairy thingy.

They also announced new upcoming DLC for both versions, which is Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and A Link Between Worlds themed. Interesting that they never went for A Link to the Past set, I guess it's easier to imagine 3D characters.

I think I'm going to pick up the 3DS game. I never tried any of the extra content beyond story mode or any of the DLC. I'll probably wait a bit though.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

I'm not bothering with the 3DS version. I've heard nothing positive about how it plays on an original 3DS, and the new maps and such aren't worth it to me. I'll pick up the Wii U DLC, though.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

evildevil97 wrote:I'm not bothering with the 3DS version. I've heard nothing positive about how it plays on an original 3DS, and the new maps and such aren't worth it to me. I'll pick up the Wii U DLC, though.
Yeah I don't recommend the game at all on the regular 3DS.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I tried out the demo for the new 3DS version at Best Buy and I was pretty impressed. The game felt pretty smooth and there were quite a few enemies on screen, the visuals looked good as well. I think I'm sold on it, just a question of if I want it now or if I want to finish some other games first.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Alright, picked up Hyrule Warriors Legend today. The ability to switch characters on the fly is such a great addition. It really speeds everything up. This along with the ability to command your other character to either go to a location, seize a base or attack makes the game flow much better and makes it much easier to react to the tides of battle. I also much prefer the dual screen approach on 3DS over Wii U, easier to look at the map.

They also added in Owl statues where you can play your Ocarina to warp to different sections of the map at any time (once you have activated the statues). This is great for when you're playing a level with just one character. These features are so good that in the rare case where you only have one character and no owl statues you feel very limited.

The visual effects were toned down for the game, but I never found them to be too impressive on Wii U anyways. The frame rate is very stable on new 3DS, so issues at all.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Been playing Legends religiously since I got it, I'm really surprised how much I am enjoying it.

I beat the story mode yesterday, along with the three bonus sequences. The Wind Waker maps are refreshing to have, great music as well. The Wind Waker stuff unlocks after you beat Linkle's and Cia's sequences and although you unlock Toon Link and Skull Kid in adventure mode, you can't upgrade any of their skills until you have access to these chapters. You also gain Tetra and King of Red Lions from these chapters as well.

I beat the first Adventure Mode map today as well. This is a very addicting mode, honestly there was enough content in this one map and the story mode combined for me to be satisfied, and there are still 3 more maps to go. The second map you have access to is the Wind Waker map. Interestingly it has all new items in it based on WW items, and it has all new level challenges as well. It looks to be a good map as it has a lot of level 2 weapons I have been waiting for.
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

If the adventure mode is the same as the Wii U version, it must be awesome on the go, would love to gave that on my way to work.

That said, I have the original 3ds model so I got the Wii U version instead, will most likely pick up the dlc later.

Question to those who enjoy the dynasty warriors games, if I like this, how likely is it that I'll like DW?
Do keep in mind that this being Zelda had no positive impact on my experience as I don't like Zelda :p