Don't know what game to buy.

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Don't know what game to buy.

Post by SkyPikachu »

I have a $10 voucher for a game store that expires in 2 weeks and I can't seem to decide what game to buy with it.
I know that some of these games have their own topics but still thought it would be better to make a topic instead of posting in 3-4 different topics.
The games I'm tossing up are; (Price is how much I spend including $2 AUD postage after taking away the $10 AUD voucher)

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4) $18 (USD12.99) (Never played a tomb raider game before other than the old 2d ones. I like the cheap price. Plus I only own 1 other PS4 game.)

The Legend Of Zelda Majoras Mask (3DS) $40 (USD28.87) (I've never been upset with a Zelda game however I got Fire Emblem Fates recently so unsure if it's a wise buy considering I'll be busy with FE)

Skyrim Legendary Edition (PS3) $30 (USD21.65) (I've played this before then stopped for some reason and ended up selling it however since I've been watching a lot of game of thrones lately I've started becoming more fond of said era and dragons so want to check it out again. I have a huge backlog of PS3 games as well.)

Wish it expired closer to christmas once all the games I want had their prices drop games like No Man Sky/Mirrors Edge/Kingdom Hearts are games I actually want but I know they'll drop 20-50% in price after 6 month thus wasting the $10 voucher. Don't feel comfortable paying $70+ for a game.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Don't know what game to buy.

Post by The Shoemaker »

Tomb Raider is a good pick since it's a relatively quick game so it won't distract you from your backlog for too long, it's a reason to boot up the old PS4, and it's the cheapest low risk option.

I'm sure you'd enjoy all 3 choices, but I think Tomb Raider is a good pick for now.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I second the Tomb Raider recommendation. The price is right. Plus it's a reboot so there isn't much series baggage—you're getting in on the ground floor, which should mean you'll have a good start-to-finish appreciation for the game on its own merits.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I ended up asking reddit and they seemed to think Skyrim so I bought Skyrim it's an online store. However you both have convinced me so i cancelled the purchase and decided on Tomb Raider as I agree I don't need add to my backlog.

Also just looked elsewhere and I can get Skyrim locally for 2 cents more :lol: so I'm glad I didn't waste my voucher.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Skyrim is excellent, but you better be prepared to spend 1000 hours on it. :) It's a very in-depth game. Not that you have to get that deeply consumed by it... but you probably will unintentionally.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming