E3 Mega Thread 2016

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: E3 Mega Thread 2016

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:So Nintendo conference started at 2am Australia. I stayed up to watch it.

They started out fantastically surprising me by paying respect to Christina Grimmie as well as the Orlando attack. Mass respect for that!

Then the Zelda trailer was amazing and the title Breath of the Wild (I keep saying Breath of the wind O.o) sounds good.

Then it all went down hill. Nintendo remember why everyone loved Sony's conference and hated Ubisofts? Because there was no talking! I waited for about 15 minutes for anything new in Pokemon Sun and Moon then gave up and went to bed. Seriously it was draining watching them talk and how slow the translation was why couldn't you show gameplay straight away?

I then caught up on everything else when I woke up. Pokemon looked good nothing amazing just good.

Zelda on the other hand. HOLY SHIT BALLS! E3 GoTY. It looks fantastic. I only watch the first gameplay session and I am already sold I don't want to watch anything else and have other stuff spoiled I want this to be a grand adventure of me discovering new things.

Anyone I'm no where near caught up on the other stuff announced today but Nintendo surprised me a lot with how great Zelda looks but still feel like I'm wanting more regarding other content and you guys need to convince me to buy a NX and With Just Dance and Zelda I can't see myself putting down money for it yet.
Zelda really surprised me. It does not make up for the fact that they announced barely any new games, but it was still a really good showing.

This wasn't the time for them to convince people on NX, they will be unveiling it in a couple months somewhere else.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:This wasn't the time for them to convince people on NX, they will be unveiling it in a couple months somewhere else.
We know about no games and it's coming in March. 10 months away I hope to hell they've been hiding some good launch titles.
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

I'm disappointed in Nintendo this e3. Two short years after they blew it away in 2014... Hopefully something that interests me is shown today. Otherwise, I might have to finally get a PS4.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

evildevil97 wrote:I'm disappointed in Nintendo this e3. Two short years after they blew it away in 2014... Hopefully something that interests me is shown today. Otherwise, I might have to finally get a PS4.
You shouldn't feel bad about "having" to get a nice home console with some nice games. You should probably get one even if Nintendo does show something that interests you. Lots of nice games out there.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:This wasn't the time for them to convince people on NX, they will be unveiling it in a couple months somewhere else.
We know about no games and it's coming in March. 10 months away I hope to hell they've been hiding some good launch titles.
Not saying E3 wouldn't have been a good time to show NX, just saying that they told us they are showing NX at a separate event later this year, which is why I'm not concerned about it.

I also like to see things as late as possible. Like as good as Zelda looks, I would have rather seen it at next E3 if it's a holiday 2017 game.

And Evildevil - PS4 is fun. Nothing wrong with picking it up. All Nintendo is doing on Wii U for the rest of the year is Paper Mario and Tokyo Mirage Sessions, so up to you if that's enough. 3DS looks a little better with Pokémon, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Mario Party and I guess Metroid Fed Force.

Lots of good games coming, but I can't see myself having the time for them immediately when they come out. Still have Xenoblade Chronicles X unopened! Depending on reviews I'll probably grab Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4. I also have Final Fantasy XV pre-ordered, but we'll see.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kojima's Death Stranding trailer was quite good. A friend of mine sent it to me, since it wasn't on my radar at all.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Most uninteresting E3 I've seen in my lifetime. I think I'm done with modern gaming. The only thing that looked good to me was Insomniac Spider-Man.

By the way, Nintendo had a second day of E3 in which they revealed some stuff, most of which looked pretty crappy. Their new IP reminded me of Rune Factory though, which is a good thing.

One thing I can't understand is why Nintendo won't put Mario Party online. What the fuck Nintendo?