Fire Emblem Fates

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Fire Emblem Fates

Post by The Shoemaker »

Feels good to be back to classic Fire Emblem with limited EXP and all. I found with Awakening and Birthright I would delay playing the story missions as I always though I could get a character up a few more levels first or grind for a little more gold to buy skills/weapons. It kind of burnt me out and kept me from progressing. I like that I'm forced to keep moving and figure out ways to get the most EXP to the units that need it. I haven't made any babies yet so I'm sure those chapters will help with EXP though.

My favourite chapter so far (on 14) was chapter 10, where you had to hold your position for 11 turns from Takumi's force. It was a real nail biter, especially when the water went down around turn 8. The one with the medicine and poison pots was neat as well, pretty satisfying using the dragon vein to break all the pots on all the enemies.

I gave my Corrin a speed boon this time around which seemed to have made her a much better unit than my Birthright Corrin, who I almost had to baby the whole game. My Mozu isn't turning out nearly as good though, really poor growths surprisingly. We'll see if luck can fix her.

Has anyone tried any of the DLC? I know there's some cool classes you can get. They gave me a free Witches Scroll on the DLC shop, not sure who to give it to yet. They have a skill called Warp, which lets you teleport to any ally on the map and still take your turn, which sounds pretty powerful.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Re: Fire Emblem Fates

Post by Jordan »

From what I understand, Witches are just outright better than mages, though I never used them.

I used the Dread Scroll DLC. Dread fighters are a good class.

I also remember now that I used the DLC that gives you the great lord class. You have to do some level where you meet the Awakening characters. I made Peri into a great lord because I thought that was hilarious.