Real Life Pinball (not a video game)

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
PoisonRamune
Chatbox Gargoyle
Chatbox Gargoyle

Re: Real Life Pinball (not a video game)

Post by PoisonRamune »

Has anyone been keeping up w the new Stern's (from Tron Legacy to WWE)? After playing nearly all the recently released stuff I'm generally unimpressed w the newer machines as they all have a very similar feel to each other or are blatant rehashes of old tables (ie: Tron Legacy is basically Funhouse layout wise). The most notable exception is the new WWE w the ring on top but it's in dire need of a firmware/rules change update as the point distro is super off (you net 95% of your score staying in that gimmick ring).

I do however really like new Star Trek since that machine is fast but in a very smooth way. Plus it's a pretty forgiving machine w an outlane ball save and the Vengence that seems to just hemorrhage game modes.

Walking Dead is an okay machine which I might care about more if I actually followed the show or comic. But otherwise it's got a really good playfield w a lot of fun elements and varying shots. I just wish I knew what that thing that looks like Oogy Boogie from Nightmare Before Xmas is.

I'll continue on the other machines like Metallica, ACDC, and Kiss later and also Mustang. But I generally don't like those games much (well, Metallica is neat when you can actually hear it).
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I thought Walking Dead was pretty crappy, though it seems the later updates made it more enjoyable. I don't like the layout, however. Star Trek is definitely a fun table, and I'm also a fan of the tournament edition of Transformers. Tron is ok, but I agree feels a lot like a crappy Funhouse. AC/DC and Metallica are fabulous tables in terms of dumb fun. Batman is actually pretty damn good, with some fun gimmicks and nice targets. I only got to play Mustang a few times, but it's heavy on the drop targets, which makes it an instant winner in my book. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it around anywhere.

I don't know, it feels like, overall, their current output is pretty par for the course for Stern: A boatload of uninspired tables with a few awesome gems scattered throughout. Hoping to get a chance to play WWE soon, based on your impressions!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

What is your dream machine to own? I still think mine is Addams Family.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kreegs wrote:What is your dream machine to own? I still think mine is Addams Family.
Gorgar or Sorcerer. Don't even need to think about it.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
PoisonRamune
Chatbox Gargoyle
Chatbox Gargoyle

Post by PoisonRamune »

Kreegs wrote:What is your dream machine to own? I still think mine is Addams Family.
Dr Dude
He embodies that 90s extreme marketing I grew up with plus the soundtrack is great. Bonus points for being White Water's older brother.

Also I'm proud to announce that today marks my one year anniversary of moonlighting as a pinball operator at the Pins and Needles (which is why I think I signed in here today in the first place)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

PoisonRamune wrote:Also I'm proud to announce that today marks my one year anniversary of moonlighting as a pinball operator at the Pins and Needles (which is why I think I signed in here today in the first place)
Happy one-year anniversary, PinRamune!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Anyone know someone that has fitted LEDs to a Gottlieb System 80 gen 1 pin? Thinking about doing that to my Spiderman Pin. I can't seem to find any good guides anywhere.
I intend to live forever, or die trying