Zero Escape

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Zero Escape

Post by Kong Wen »

This will be good news for Yasume! Zero Escape 3 will be coming to Vita and 3DS in 2016.

I played Virtue's Last Reward and enjoyed it, although I gave the previous game in the series (999) a pass.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Zero Escape

Post by The Shoemaker »

I haven't played either games in the series, but I've heard good enough things that I probably should.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:I haven't played either games in the series, but I've heard good enough things that I probably should.
If you like puzzle-based storybook games, then Virtue's Last Reward is one of the good ones (you don't need to have played 999 to understand or enjoy it). It's not exactly comparable to Professor Layton games... the puzzles are more like vignette-solving than toy/games, and the story is somewhat more involved.
Yasume
Aspirant

Post by Yasume »

Kong Wen wrote:This will be good news for Yasume! Zero Escape 3 will be coming to Vita and 3DS in 2016.

I played Virtue's Last Reward and enjoyed it, although I gave the previous game in the series (999) a pass.
Jizzed my pants when I heard it. It was supposedly vaporware, so I'm glad they picked it up. Day one buy. What about you, Kong?

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Yasume wrote:Jizzed my pants when I heard it. It was supposedly vaporware, so I'm glad they picked it up. Day one buy. What about you, Kong?
I think I got VLR for free via PS+. I don't think I'll pay full price for the sequel, but I'll definitely pick it up at some point. I'll have to read a refresher on the story, though. :lol: I saw all the endings, but it was fairly complex, so I'm sure I don't have it all straight by now.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The latest entry in this series came out last ween (and Yasume is busily playing it as promised). On top of that, Aksys has apparently announced that the first two games in the series, 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, will be coming to new (unspecified) platforms soon. My guess is Steam. Maybe PS4 as well? Maybe 999 will come to Vita?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote:The latest entry in this series came out last ween (and Yasume is busily playing it as promised). On top of that, Aksys has apparently announced that the first two games in the series, 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, will be coming to new (unspecified) platforms soon. My guess is Steam. Maybe PS4 as well? Maybe 999 will come to Vita?
I guess that mystery has been solved. 999 and VLR are coming to PS4 and Vita as Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:The latest entry in this series came out last ween (and Yasume is busily playing it as promised). On top of that, Aksys has apparently announced that the first two games in the series, 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, will be coming to new (unspecified) platforms soon. My guess is Steam. Maybe PS4 as well? Maybe 999 will come to Vita?
I guess that mystery has been solved. 999 and VLR are coming to PS4 and Vita as Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Sounds like that's how I will play them then!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons