Community Feedback: Replacing Smilies w/ Emoji

Includes Forum Rules, major announcements, and important community votes. Post bug reports, feedback, and suggestions.

Which emojis to pilfer?

Apple
50%
Facebook
20%
Google
10%
Samsung
No votes
Twitter
10%
Windows
10%

Total votes: 10

Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Community Feedback: Replacing Smilies w/ Emoji

Post by Claytone »

Claytone wrote: 23 Aug 2017 21:40
Kong Wen wrote: 22 Aug 2017 16:17 This is kind of moot now, given that the new board fully parses emoji. So if you're posting from your phone, or if you have an emoji keyboard installed in your browser, you can just use the real thing without having to use the forum's smilies interface as a work-around.
💯🔥👌
!!

Does the forum software have its own emoji set? I'm on Mac OS right now, and in my post, it's not rendering the Apple versions of those emojis. Interesting!
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

There's no way phpBB has its own emoji set. I don't recognize them just from looking at them, but it's possible the board parses the EmojiOne set.

👹

EDIT: Yep, that's the EmojiOne 2.3 set. They have a 3.0 set now that's a bit more detailed, but I like these flat-looking versions.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 23 Aug 2017 22:10 There's no way phpBB has its own emoji set. I don't recognize them just from looking at them, but it's possible the board parses the EmojiOne set.

👹

EDIT: Yep, that's the EmojiOne 2.3 set. They have a 3.0 set now that's a bit more detailed, but I like these flat-looking versions.
🆒
You got BOOST power!