Gaming Hauls Thread

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Gaming Hauls Thread

Post by Claytone »

Hey folks! Use this thread to post your latest gaming purchases. The idea of this thread is a little different from the Game Spending Thread. This isn't so much a tracking thread as a "look at what I got!" thread. If you've just gotten home with something you're excited about and want to share it with us, that's what this thread is for.

Generally, I'll probably use this thread to post my retro purchases, as they tend to be my most interesting, but anything is welcome. Games, accoutrements, hardware, merch, or anything vaguely gaming related is fair game. You certainly don't have to post pictures, but I invite you to do so if you think it will add to your post. :)
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Gaming Hauls Thread

Post by Claytone »

I'll start.
Spoiler
Above you can see Shin Megami Tensei: Persona and Mega Man Powered Up for PSP and Strider 2 for PlayStation. The latter two have been mainstays on my "to buy" list for years, and I'm glad to have finally gotten them. Both are somewhat uncommon sights in the average retro game store, but I happened to see them both at a booth at Dragon*Con last weekend in Atlanta. I especially couldn't pass on Strider, as it was in great shape for a jewel case game. Persona, meanwhile, is a game I'd been somewhat hesitant to get. For those unaware, the Persona games prior to 3 are wildly different from 3+ and are much more similar to mainline SMT. This was initially a bit of a turnoff, but now that I've beaten 5 and essentially run the well dry on P3-5 spinoffs as well, I finally decided to see where it all began. Best of all, I was able to buy a sealed copy of the game for $28 on Amazon, which is not bad for a game that has presumably been out of print for 6 or 7 years.

The coolest thing I've gotten recently, though, is the Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack on vinyl! This record is part of a series of releases by Data Discs. It's on transparent vinyl and sounds great. The interior art is also nice and detailed, and the sleeve includes some prints of concept art. Overall, it's a nice package, and it's a cool concept by Data Discs. So far, it looks like they've only released records for games that were released on Sega consoles, but I don't know if that's by design or by ease of license. Regardless, it's super cool. I might have to grab their latest release Sonic Mania, if I like that game as much as I expect I will.
You got BOOST power!