Diablo III

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Diablo III

Post by Kong Wen »

With the Ultimate Evil Edition set to arrive this week, bringing a tweaked version of Diablo III with the additional content to consoles, I thought I'd open up a discussion thread to chat about any version of the game.

I actually haven't ever played a Diablo game—ever!—but I've heard this one has great couch co-op and that the console version has improved on some of the negative aspects of the PC version, so I pre-ordered a copy to play with my brother.

Is there anyone here who's played this game already? What were your thoughts? What class should I start as?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Re: Diablo III

Post by Starmancer »

I hope the PS3 version is fine, I'm not getting it on PS4. I don't want no lousy community features.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

My step-son bought the PS3 one a month or so ago and has played the hell out of it. It looks cool but I haven't yet played it. I've never played a Diablo game either... No help here - sorry :(
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

My girlfriend and I played this on PS3 a few weeks back. It really is one of the best co-op games I've played. It's accessible and immediate, yet quite challenging. To my surprise, we both got REALLY into it and played it extensively until we beat it.

The only annoyance is the menu management when you play on the same screen. It gets annoying to take breaks in the action to change to the stronger items you find and equip new spells. We came to a weird understanding that we would not go into the menues and equip things while we were playing in dungeons.
Last edited by Jelly on 19 Aug 2014 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jelly wrote:The only annoyance is the menu management when you play on the same screen. It gets annoying to take breaks in the action to change to the stronger items you find and equip new spells. We came to a weird understanding that we would not go into the menues and equip things while we were playing in dungeons.
I've heard this complaint. I wonder what other strategies people use to avoid this annoyance? Taking turns at agreed-upon times, etc. Just how time-consuming is this setup, usually? Perhaps a good time for the other player to indulge in some snacks or beverages.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

My girl got hooked on this with me as well. We played about halfway through our third NG+ before setting it down. We plan to get this again when we get a PS4. As for the menu issue, we also decided to keep usage sparse except when nabbing a rare drop or to level (usually at the same time). Menus are pretty intuitive and quick, provided you maintain your active inventory and home locker.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

I found out why the last gen versions of UEE are cheaper - no patch support. I'm not sure if I'll care (patches annoy the crap out of me), but I thought you guys should know.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!