What is your favorite console library wise (excluding backwards comparability)

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

What is your favorite console library wise (excluding backwards comparability)

Post by SkyPikachu »

Try to ignore the consoles features, controller, design, price etc etc and look at every consoles library. Which console stands out to you?

PS2

I’m going to ignore that a lot of these games have been ported to the PS4 as I was trying to remove backwards compatibility from this even though the games are arguably better on PS4 and are technically new games I still think the PS2 deserves this honour.

Jak and Daxter 1, Ratchet and Clank 1-3, Kingdom Hearts 1-CoM-2, Sly Cooper 1-3, all the GTA’s, NFS: Underground 2, THPS2, Simpson’s Hit and Run, Final Fantasy X/X-2 such an amazing lineup with 1000’s of other games I’ve yet to touch.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: What is your favorite console library wise (excluding backwards comparability)

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Not including any personal computer (biggest library) and not having owned or used any Sony or Sega consoles, I can only judge Nintendo consoles. On personal note, my biggest game library is from the GameBoy era. 3DS has my biggest retail + digital game library following by the Wii. Out of those 3 consoles, I think I'll have to pick the Wii for it's great library (despite the shovelware).
Grt. Merlin

Jordan

Re: What is your favorite console library wise (excluding backwards comparability)

Post by Jordan »

if it counts, PC. Otherwise, PS2 for me as well.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Jordan wrote: 18 Feb 2018 12:21 if it counts, PC. Otherwise, PS2 for me as well.
PC shouldn’t really count it has a super unfair advantage.