Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Kreegs »

The Shoemaker wrote: 10 Feb 2018 16:31
Kreegs wrote: 10 Feb 2018 16:09 Those JoyCon could be wired for competitive play. Can’t you just plug them into the USB on the dock like you can with the pro controller?
I don't see anyone releasing wired joycons. Wired pro controllers already exist though.
Cant you just plug them into the plastic controller thing and plug that into the dock?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 10 Feb 2018 17:54
The Shoemaker wrote: 10 Feb 2018 16:31
Kreegs wrote: 10 Feb 2018 16:09 Those JoyCon could be wired for competitive play. Can’t you just plug them into the USB on the dock like you can with the pro controller?
I don't see anyone releasing wired joycons. Wired pro controllers already exist though.
Cant you just plug them into the plastic controller thing and plug that into the dock?
Well, the controller she'll that comes with the switch doesn't have a plug in, only the ones you buy in store. Also, that still wouldn't be a wired connection since the cord isn't actually attached to the joy con.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Right, I think plugging the controller in just sends power, not the game data. Even the Pro Controller, I think if you have it plugged in, it's still communicating via Bluetooth. Could be wrong. Kawaiipikachu would know.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 10 Feb 2018 22:03 Right, I think plugging the controller in just sends power, not the game data. Even the Pro Controller, I think if you have it plugged in, it's still communicating via Bluetooth. Could be wrong. Kawaiipikachu would know.
I do not believe the charging grip has a USB controller but as for the pro controller it does have USB mode provided 1.) both system & controller have up to date firmware
And 2.) the USB mode is turned on in the system settings.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

For those real hard core smash purists, we can find a USBC adaptor for the Atari 2600 knob.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I think the smash purists will just use the GameCube controller with the adapter really!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I don’t think I’ve turned on my switch this year and don’t have a huge motivation to do so anytime soon. Skyrim got boring fairly fast I want to just finish the game but I think I’m under leveled because I focused to much on the story and not side quests. Maybe the DK mario + Rabbids stuff will get be back into playing the switch plus I still have all of Odyssey post game stuff to do. Just really no motivation.

Also the fact that there’s nothing that interests me Game wise coming to the console also worries me. Nintendo need to have a huge E3 or a Huge direct before E3 or I’m worried my switch will collect dust all year long.

I’m really starting to regret purchasing it especially considering I have no interest playing it in handheld mode which I originally thought I would enjoy a lot. However it just feels to big especially compared to how nicely sized the vita is and how I feel I can take the vita anywhere without any issues.

I’m really struggling to see how it’s any better than the Wii U. If anything I much prefer the Wii U.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I definitely share your concerns in regards to software line up Slurm, but I've been playing my switch plenty this year. Mostly Indies like Celeste, Super Meat Boy, but also a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles, Rayman Legends and Splatoon 2. I guess I just have a good amount of back catalog to play.

Every time I go back to my Wii U post switch I'm amazed at how unappealing it is. It's a mess of controllers and every menu is painfully slow. Then the gamepad itself feels really cheap.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Slurmee wrote: 21 Feb 2018 01:36 I’m really starting to regret purchasing it especially considering I have no interest playing it in handheld mode which I originally thought I would enjoy a lot. However it just feels to big especially compared to how nicely sized the vita is and how I feel I can take the vita anywhere without any issues.
Too bad the Vita didn’t do that much better in its lifespan in sales... was a really promising system. Sony abandoned that one after that.
I’m really struggling to see how it’s any better than the Wii U. If anything I much prefer the Wii U.
It’s amazing how I got rid of two system flops in the same generation. The Wii U shouldn’t have existed, I’m glad the Switch came in and obtained Wii U’s biggest hits (well still missing Super Smash Bros., Super Mario Maker and Pikmin), alongside some new games and catching up from the competitors.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 21 Feb 2018 02:19 I definitely share your concerns in regards to software line up Slurm, but I've been playing my switch plenty this year. Mostly Indies like Celeste, Super Meat Boy, but also a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles, Rayman Legends and Splatoon 2. I guess I just have a good amount of back catalog to play.
The same thing has pretty much been happening to me, where I only need the Switch to play Switch exclusives (playing SMB on PS4, Celeste on PS4), and I only boot up my Switch exclusives between longer bouts of main PS4 games.

I certainly intend to continue to chip away at Switch games I haven't beaten yet, but it'll never be my main system and I don't expect it to be.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming