Codename Steam

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
PoisonRamune
Chatbox Gargoyle
Chatbox Gargoyle

Re: Codename Steam

Post by PoisonRamune »

I agree the game is pretty amazing... I pretty much bought it blind because it was $16 and I've been quite impressed with it overall. There's something about the whole package presentation-wise that I really like. It's a pretty tricky strategy game (especially if you're going for no deaths and all gears/collectible crap) w this art style that really appeases my inner 13 year old. I really like the whole if you can't see the enemy, then you don't know what they do mechanic as it adds a really neat risk and reward thing.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Took a two year break from this game, guess I get distracted easily. Been wanting to finish it for a long time so I played it again today. Man, I forgot how great the game is. The game design just really clicks, and it's just a fun ridiculous setting to play in.

I believe I only have a couple chapters left now (I'm on 14), sitting at about 30 hours so far. There are only two stages where I'm missing the gears, haven't attempted any of the extra challenges yet either.

I have all the characters now, and after some shuffling it seems The Fox, Califa, QueeQueg, and Tin Man are my perfect combo. The Fox is simply a beast, and QueeQueg and Califa offer heavy hitting long range radius damage, and just having QueeQueg increases your parties strength. Tin Man is just there to give everyone more steam and more moves, as well as heal here and there.

Before I had Tin Man I used Tom a lot as my forth slot. His excess steam allowed for great overwatch attacks and scouting opportunities, and the mine launcher was a great sub for him. But overall, Tin Man seems more effective as he just gives The Fox more opportunities to strike.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

I know it'll never happen but it would be nice to see this get a second chance at life...maybe as an eShop title on the Switch?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'd love a sequel. The art style would look a lot better in HD, and they could fix some of the issues people had. I'll have to play Valkyria Chronicles and see if that does the concept better though, because as of right now, it's a very unique gameplay experience for me.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons