Rare Replay collection

Microsoft discussion, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Scorpio, Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements & Gamerscore, Games on Demand, and Kinect.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Rare Replay collection

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:
Slurmee wrote:This game frustrates me because it was so crystal clear to me before this was announced that the PS4 was for me.

Now it opens up the discussion of XBone as well.
I'm in the same boat. BUT, I've heard from enough people that the games don't really live up to what they used to be, so it sounds like it comes down to me just wanting to play Banjo 1 + 2, so I'm thinking I'll just get a cheap 360 sometime.
Whoa whoa whoa. I wouldn't say that. I thought Conker was seriously disappointing, but nearly every other game on the collection has been a gem. I'm having loads of fun with Blast Corps, Atic Atac, Cobra Triangle, Slalom, and tons of others, and those are games I didn't play before (and thus have no nostalgia for). I definitely think the collection is very good. I'm sure I'm not the only opinion you were referring to, but since I spoke so lowly of Conker, I wanted to be clear that the collection is still very good in spite of that.

But yes, definitely do all in your power to play Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie. You won't regret it. I also think Nuts & Bolts is *outstanding*. You see, I never played Kazooie and Tooie in my early childhood, but when I was 14/15 I decided to get a 360 because I heard they were releasing a new Banjo + the old ones on XBLA, and I was excited to finally try the series that I missed in my 64 days. That turned out to be a very good decision, and I loved all three. I think my lack of diehard nostalgia for the 3D platforming formula allowed me to enjoy Nuts & Bolts for what it was rather than being upset that it was different from the first two. Having said that... I'd still like to see the next one return to the series's roots, but NnB was very, very good, IMO.
That's the other thing that's keeping Rare Replay on my mind - it has nuts n' bolts as well. Never played it, but I still think it looks like a fine game on its own. I'm sure there are other gems on the disc, but I have a feeling that I'll be overwhelmed by the amount of games and only really play a few of them all the way through. It's hard to get into old games, especially N64 games, where the control scheme can be very archaic.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

The Shoemaker wrote: That's the other thing that's keeping Rare Replay on my mind - it has nuts n' bolts as well. Never played it, but I still think it looks like a fine game on its own. I'm sure there are other gems on the disc, but I have a feeling that I'll be overwhelmed by the amount of games and only really play a few of them all the way through. It's hard to get into old games, especially N64 games, where the control scheme can be very archaic.
As far as the N64 games go, the games with potentially concerning controls like Jet Force Gemini and Perfect Dark have both been updated with modern, dual-stick controls. Blast Corps controls fine as it was, and so do the 3D platformers. So that really shouldn't be a concern. :)

To me, the games with the most awkward controls are the isometric games (Snake Rattle n Roll, Sabre Wolf, etc). But even those are manageable with a little adjusting.
You got BOOST power!
Audio Ace
Initiate

Post by Audio Ace »

Shoes, if you want i can sell you my xbox 360. I do not use it at all.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Man, one thing's for sure. This game's doing wonders for my GamerScore. In the past 30 days, I've gotten just over 1000 of its 10,000 constituent points. Pretty good incentive to try some of the games I'm not as familiar with. Here's to thousands more!
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote: That's the other thing that's keeping Rare Replay on my mind - it has nuts n' bolts as well. Never played it, but I still think it looks like a fine game on its own. I'm sure there are other gems on the disc, but I have a feeling that I'll be overwhelmed by the amount of games and only really play a few of them all the way through. It's hard to get into old games, especially N64 games, where the control scheme can be very archaic.
As far as the N64 games go, the games with potentially concerning controls like Jet Force Gemini and Perfect Dark have both been updated with modern, dual-stick controls. Blast Corps controls fine as it was, and so do the 3D platformers. So that really shouldn't be a concern. :)

To me, the games with the most awkward controls are the isometric games (Snake Rattle n Roll, Sabre Wolf, etc). But even those are manageable with a little adjusting.
I didn't know that actually, Nintendo would never have done that if they made this game :p Good news, good news.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Just bought an Xbox One really excited to get this :)