Which console had the best lineup this year?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.

Which console had the best lineup this year?

Nintendo 3DS
No votes
Nintendo Switch
38%
Mobile (iOS/Android)
No votes
PC (Windows/Mac/Linux)
25%
Playstation 4 (inc. PS3)
38%
Playstation Vita
No votes
Xbox One (inc. XB360)
No votes
Super Nintendo
No votes

Total votes: 8

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Which console had the best lineup this year?

Post by SkyPikachu »

kitroplious wrote: 20 Dec 2017 09:54 Nintendo Switch had the best overall lineup, though PS4 had the best Role-Playing Games this year.
Which game was that?
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Slurmee wrote: 20 Dec 2017 01:26Separating Windows, Linux and Mac seemed silly as I don't think we have any Linux/Mac users here.
Not true. But Linux and Mac are both PC's so it's still the same category.

I know some big games also were released for Mac, but I haven't gamed much on it for a long time. Most gaming is done on iOS and on Nintendo consoles, iOS more casual (but daily) and 3DS/Switch more serious (but less often). Also gamed on Wii U and got myself a SNES mini, but I wouldn't consider them for a 'best lineup'.

Out of iOS, Switch and 3DS I can only choose the Switch for best lineup.

But from what I've read I think PS4 had a great lineup as well.
Grt. Merlin

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I changed my vote to PS4. I haven’t touched my Switch in ages and don’t really want to. I completely and utterly lost interest in Skyrim. Odyssey and Mario + Rabbids as much as they were fun really can’t hold up against the PS4 lineup.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I vote for PC every year because the number of games PC gets is just staggering compared to anything else. There's a lot of trash, but a lot of gems too. If I have to choose one platform to play on and screw everything else, it will always be my PC. There's always something, in some genre, to find on there that I like. Consoles will always pale in comparison. They ebb and flow. Sometimes they have some great games on the horizon or recently released and sometimes they have droughts or just overall underwhelming release schedules. PC has a steady stream of stuff and such a huge backlog that there is theoretically almost no end to its entertainment value.