Ascension (card game)

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Ascension (card game)

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

VictorViper wrote: 22 Oct 2018 22:32 @MerlinDrazziw - A card game called Hardback I've been eyeing for months now is available digitally. This is the second game in this series from Fowers Games (the earlier release was called Paperback), and it's a deckbuilder cum word game - and it's excellent.

No monsters, characters, etc. Just pure spelling action with a traditional deckbuilding mechanic. Cross-platform online play too! $6.50 and worth every penny, though watch for sales otherwise.
Checked it, but it doesn't have the same appeal to me as Ascension had the first time. Games that involve making words almost never are fun for me.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

As for Ascension .. Asmodee added Valley of the Ancients to the game last week. Still have to figure out how this expansion works, only played it once offline.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Another update from Asmodee/Playdek:
- change to Asmodee account for log in (with option to link Playdek account)
- new expansion: Delirium
Grt. Merlin

VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 01 Aug 2019 18:41 Another update from Asmodee/Playdek:
It's impressive the game has held your interest for as long as it has. We dumped our (frankly ridiculous) pile off at our local game store for trade value late last year. At this point my Deckbuilder of choice and the only one in the collection (which is technically a reverse deckbuilder) is Flamme Rouge.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

VictorViper wrote: 01 Aug 2019 20:07
MerlinDrazziw wrote: 01 Aug 2019 18:41 Another update from Asmodee/Playdek:
It's impressive the game has held your interest for as long as it has. We dumped our (frankly ridiculous) pile off at our local game store for trade value late last year. At this point my Deckbuilder of choice and the only one in the collection (which is technically a reverse deckbuilder) is Flamme Rouge.
Playing online a lot with some regulars keeps it interesting and I like the mechanics. Also playing Fluxx again and still playing the old Penny Arcade: Gamers vs Evil from Playdek, they're both fun to play.
Grt. Merlin