Kong's Cycle of Violence (Backlog Rundown Marathon)

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Kong's Cycle of Violence (Backlog Rundown Marathon)

Post by Kong Wen »

Now that my games are finally unpacked and shelved, I think I'm going to start tackling them in a systematic way—one active game per system at a time. This'll be a fun adventure like the old days of Backloggery marathons and series-/theme-based collection conquests.
  • I'm not necessarily alternating the systems in this order (I'll leave that to my whim).
  • I'm only including consoles that are physically in my personcave at the moment (I have Master System and TG16 games on virtual consoles, but I'm not including them).
  • I'll try to maintain a variety of series and genres to try to prevent burning out or getting stuck.
If anyone else would like to join in the festivities, feel free to post your own list of consoles and what games you have on deck! Alternatively, if anyone would like to choose the next game for me to play on one of these systems, by all means feel free to post a nomination!

MICROSOFT
X360: Assassin's Creed ~OR~ Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

NINTENDO
NES: Mega Man 4; ???
SNES: EarthBound
N64: Paper Mario
GameCube: Metroid Prime
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy
Wii U: Yoshi's Woolly World
Switch: Picross S2; Picross S3; The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
GB/C: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
GBA: Pokémon: FireRed Version
DS: Dragon Quest VI
3DS: WarioWare Gold; The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds

PC
Steam: Ori and the Blind Forest

SEGA
Genesis/32X: Sonic the Hedgehog
Sega CD: Dark Wizard
Saturn: Shining Force III

SONY
PS1: Vagrant Story
PS2: Dynasty Warriors 2
PS3: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
PS4: Bloodborne; Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
PSVR: Tetris Effect; Beat Saber; Superhot VR
PSP: Final Fantasy II
Vita: Adventures of Mana
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: Kong's Cycle of Violence (Backlog Rundown Marathon)

Post by Sharecrow »

Sure this sounds fun. Here’s some games I’ll be taking on to get them played sooner rather than later.

Last of Us (PS3)
Fatal Frame 2 (PS2C)
Soviet Strike (PS1C)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus (Vita via fortune cookie)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Sharecrow wrote: 09 Jul 2018 16:43 Sure this sounds fun. Here’s some games I’ll be taking on to get them played sooner rather than later.

Last of Us (PS3)
Fatal Frame 2 (PS2C)
Soviet Strike (PS1C)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus (Vita via fortune cookie)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
I knocked out Ghost of Sparta. Next I think I’ll focus on Soviet Strike.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I've done an NES, Switch, 3DS, and PS4 game so far. High on my list now is either the SNES or one of the retro Pokémon entries.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I started to stream on twitch my backlog mostly my steam backlog as it really is over 50% of my backlog. Am also planning on rebuying older games on newer systems or pc to be able to beat them without re connecting old systems/dealing with 480p.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote: 09 Nov 2018 15:02 I started to stream on twitch my backlog mostly my steam backlog as it really is over 50% of my backlog. Am also planning on rebuying older games on newer systems or pc to be able to beat them without re connecting old systems/dealing with 480p.
As long as you're alternating one system at a time, it counts as a Cycle of Violence. :)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'm considering PSVR a separate system for this. The last few games I beat were on Switch and PS4, so I'm thinking the next games in the cycle are going to be:

GBC: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - I want to replay this before the remake comes out, and I'll use my GCN Game Boy Player because it's fun!

Vita: Adventures of Mana - I might as well play this before (or at least alongside) the original version on the Collection of Mana when my physical pre-order ships.

PSVR: Beat Saber - My #1 priority right now just because it's irresistable.

Switch: Picross S3 - At some point in between all these other games, I'll have to toss the Switch back into the mix just to keep up the cycle of violence. :)
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I’m going to finally get back to FFV (Ps1 via Vita) to knock that out while I’m traveling. Won’t have access to any other systems until I get back.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I’m going through some of my PS3, PS One classics, and PS2 classics. Good times. I’m starting Suikoden over tonight. I’ve got Fatal Frame 2, Silent Hill, and Alundra queued on the classics front. A handful of good PS3 games I never got around to finishing too...namely, GoW Ascension, Takes of Zestiria, and NNK.