OBJECTION! - BGE Grievances

Nominate and vote for your favourite games in a tournament-style competition. Join the debate, discuss what games mean to you, and discover hidden gems to broaden your horizons.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: OBJECTION! - BGE Grievances

Post by Kong Wen »

Turai wrote:
Spore wrote:You guys just gotta play a greater variety of video games.
Any suggestions?
Yeah, all the games that have been in the finals of these polls that you said you haven't played. ;)
Drauks wrote:
VictorViper wrote:I want to be clear here: SFIV is a phenomenal game, and the current best fighter ever made. But they released two updates to the game, and this is one of them. My issue is that a 6-year old game managed to win our GotY. I'd be griping about this here if Guacamelee managed to win, too.
I'll share some of the blame for that as I think it was my vote that caused it to win. Out of the options presented, and with two votes available combined with the fact that I could view the votes selected to date, I blatantly pushed it into the lead knowing full well I was voting for repackaged dlc. Guac was another repackage, I didn't think much of Shovelknight, and haven't played Mario Kart 8.. My reasoning? Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. In this community, between what would have been the tie-breaking games, I can't honestly believe that it would get much more support than it has. A quick death was chosen.
I was also partially responsible, but I won't share any "blame." Of the games presented, the two that I felt were best and that I enjoyed most were this and Guacamelee, so they got my votes. This is why we have the old "what's a repackage" discussion (which comes up every year) before the BGE starts.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Damn, somehow I forgot to nominate one of the GOATs: L.O.R.D. - Legend of the Red Dragon, a fantastic ancient asynchronous BBS multiplayer game. LORD.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Kong Wen wrote: 24 Jan 2021 07:05 Damn, somehow I forgot to nominate one of the GOATs: L.O.R.D. - Legend of the Red Dragon, a fantastic ancient asynchronous BBS multiplayer game. LORD.
I forgot to nominate Dead Space 3 - one of the best PS3 games out there.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Wow, this has been one of the first rounds (Top 1024 Week 6) in recent memory where the higher seed has won in (almost) every single bracket, with the only exception being Metal Slug X beating the best game in the Fire Emblem series in poll #32. So close to a clean sweep!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Wanted to note the egregious lack of Alien: Isolation and of The Persistence. What was I thinking? I didn’t know any better at the time…I’m fortunate to have since enjoyed those amazing games.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.