Fire Emblem Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Fire Emblem Discussion

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm still conflicted on recruiting lots of characters! I like going into part two and being forced to fight the other characters and see what they say when they fight you/die.

Sounds like you recruited Caspar, Kong. He's important to have on the Blue Lions run for a paralogue in part 2.

I'm really debating starting another run on maddening with Golden Deer, but that's another time sink and there's a lot coming up this month. Might be more worthwhile to jump in with the next set of updates as well.

I am looking forward to my next run though, I maxed out a lot of stats for Byleth that will make the next run easy. I also used Lysithea and Leonie last time so they have some good stats I can boost them to.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 11 Sep 2019 16:57 I'm still conflicted on recruiting lots of characters! I like going into part two and being forced to fight the other characters and see what they say when they fight you/die.
I did that in my first run and I was disappointed. When I do my Maddening run, I'll recruit selectively (only faves for key positions). My priority this time was getting as many Paralogues done as I could, to see content.
The Shoemaker wrote: 11 Sep 2019 16:57 I am looking forward to my next run though, I maxed out a lot of stats for Byleth that will make the next run easy. I also used Lysithea and Leonie last time so they have some good stats I can boost them to.
I didn't boost any stats or supports this time around because I want to max all four statues. Did Professor Rank, obviously, but nothing else. Maybe I'll just turn Byleth into a killing machine next time and solo the game. :lol:
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Many thanks again to FD, who snagged this beautiful copy of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade for me while he was in Japan. I'm banking on everything being laid out more or less the same as it is in the prequel, so I can fumble through without dropping too many valuable items. :lol:

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I've done a few chapters of Maddening in a GD run. It's hard, but I enjoy it. I'm not a fan of ambush reinforcements (reinforcements which move on the same turn they spawn), but at least you can rewind time. I like most other aspects of the mode. It really requires you to take everything you know about the gameplay mechanics and put them to use. It becomes pretty important to pay attention to attack speed and enemy skills and make the best use out of battalions and gambits.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote:11/7 - Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~ (DS 🇯🇵)

Finally beat this. Really enjoyed it. It's certainly got more character and charm than Shadow Dragon. I'm still not so great at FE yet, but I am a lot better than I was when I played SD, and I played this one with substantially less guidance. Would recommend this game to any FE fan, but it's not the easiest to come by. Maybe Nintendo will remake FE11 and 12 in 3D on a single cart someday given the series's success since Awakening.
Picking this up here from the Game Clear thread. I can actually see these being remade at some point down the line. My understanding was the Echoes subseries was meant to be a line of remakes of the older games, particularly unreleased ones. Shadows of Valentia gave is Gaiden. There are rumours that there was another 3DS remake planned (maybe Binding Blade) but it got shelved when the Switch replaced the 3DS, but it's possible Three Houses's success will revive interest in reviving games on the newer system.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'd love to see more of the earlier FE's remade first, I don't know the names well (Holy Geneology and Tharacia 776?) Wouldn't oppose to seeing the GBA ones remade.

I don't need them anytime soon though.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 08 Nov 2019 18:36 I'd love to see more of the earlier FE's remade first, I don't know the names well (Holy Geneology and Tharacia 776?) Wouldn't oppose to seeing the GBA ones remade.

I don't need them anytime soon though.
Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia would be great, but at least Binding Blade has never been released in the West, so it would still be new to us. And the added benefit is that Roy is already popular via Smash.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I picked up Engage. I've heard good things from people whose opinions I trust. I initially had big reservations because of the atrocious character design. We'll see how big of a hurdle that is... I'm not planning on starting till after I finish Tactics Ogre.