Castlevania: Dracula X

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Castlevania: Dracula X

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Looks like we're in luck, Aria of Sorrow was just rated for Wii U VC!
Well, that's great news for someone who's looking to get into the series, or at least see what all the Castlevania fuss is about. :) A lot of really good metrovania-style games have come out over the years (Guacamelee! is one of them), but it's hard to beat the best of the Castlevania series on its home turf.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Han Solo
Cinephile and Gamer

Post by Han Solo »

I find Super Castlevania IV to be easier than the NES games. I would recommend it as an entry point to the classic, non-exploration based games in the series.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Looks like we're in luck, Aria of Sorrow was just rated for Wii U VC!
Well, that's great news for someone who's looking to get into the series, or at least see what all the Castlevania fuss is about. :) A lot of really good metrovania-style games have come out over the years (Guacamelee! is one of them), but it's hard to beat the best of the Castlevania series on its home turf.
Circle of Moon was released today and Aria of Sorrow is coming next week - plenty of Castlevania options now! I also picked up Guacamelee today so it looks like there are no shortages of Metriodvania's for me!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Circle of Moon was released today and Aria of Sorrow is coming next week - plenty of Castlevania options now! I also picked up Guacamelee today so it looks like there are no shortages of Metriodvania's for me!
Circle of the Moon is a good one, too. I really enjoyed it. But it's kind of polarizing, kind of a black sheep among the Castlevania games. It has a different feel.

Definitely feel encouraged to discuss Guacamelee! in the existing thread for it! There are a few of us here who got really into that game when it came out (I completed it 100% twice on PSN and once on Steam). It's a great game, especially once you start figuring out the nuances of the combat system.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I might check out Aria of Sorrow first then, and maybe Super Castlevania IV later to get more of the platofroming side of the series.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Aria comes out today! I might pick it up just to casually play through it again and re-live the magic. :)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:Aria comes out today! I might pick it up just to casually play through it again and re-live the magic. :)
I've definitely heard enough good things about it here and on other sites to know that I will pick it up eventually! Many games to shift through right now. If GBA was available for the 3DS I would've picked this one up immediately though.