Classic Mario Party!

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Classic Mario Party!

Post by Kreegs »

I get the feeling that Nintendo is more conservative with voice choice just because of all the trolling and inappropriate things that happened on xbox live with random strangers. I see no reason why voice chat would not be supported in a 4 player, friends only game like Mario Party.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:I get the feeling that Nintendo is more conservative with voice choice just because of all the trolling and inappropriate things that happened on xbox live with random strangers. I see no reason why voice chat would not be supported in a 4 player, friends only game like Mario Party.
Mario Kart 8 did have some voice chat when playing with friends, so there has been some slow progress. Mario Party is a game it's best if you communicate though, especially during team mini games. It would be a serious mistep if they put online in and not voice chat.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Don't know the 'classic' MPs, first one I've played was on NGC. Also haven't played every iteration after that one, but enjoyed the ones I've played. Only thing I didn't like was the 'announcer' or other 'lot of text' characters that slowed the game down. Every version has some good/fun boards, ghost house with changing paths is a fun one.
As for online play, would be fun with far away friends.
Grt. Merlin

Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Anyone remember their favorite mini games?

From the 64 era, I LOVED bumper balls, and the one where you had to get to the part of the hexagon that didn't fall into the lava. Slot car derby was also pretty fun.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Anyone remember their favorite mini games?

From the 64 era, I LOVED bumper balls, and the one where you had to get to the part of the hexagon that didn't fall into the lava. Slot car derby was also pretty fun.
I always liked the ones that involved you doing some platforming or fighting. Those and the button mashing games - those never get old.

Mario party 4 had some really cool final boss mini games if I remember correctly.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons