Xbox One $50 Holiday Price Drop

Microsoft discussion, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Scorpio, Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements & Gamerscore, Games on Demand, and Kinect.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Xbox One $50 Holiday Price Drop

Post by Kong Wen »

According to Major Nelson, the Xbox One will be available through to January for $349 in the US. This includes the limited edition white Sunset Overdrive bundle, which is as close as I've come to being tempted by this system so far (not so much because of the game, which looks OK, but moreso because it's exclusive and it's a good chance to get a discount on it).

Is anyone thinking of adjusting their letters to Santa because of this deal?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Xbox One $50 Holiday Price Drop

Post by Kong Wen »

MS is now claiming to have sold almost 10M Xbox One units worldwide. Although it was behind PS4's sales again in October (for the 10th month in a row), this is still quite a big jump from their previously reported worldwide total. I'm guessing the $50 price drop headed into the holiday season has a lot to do with it (which is why I posted this in here ;)).

Sony recently reported that they clocked over 13.5M, but I'm not sure if that included October's numbers. I haven't seen an up-to-date number from Nintendo yet; their last reported figure was 7.5M worldwide Wii U sales, but Mario Kart and Smash could have driven them back up into second place by now.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

My reaction to this is surprise that the XBone has already been out an entire year. It doesn't seem like it's been that long, perhaps because I haven't been following games news that closely for a while now. This news won't impact my purchasing decisions because, among other reasons, there's still virtually nothing on the XBone that I care about. Perhaps a year from now there will be, and perhaps the console will sell for under $350. Actually even in the best realistic case scenario where tons of games are announced and I have much more money to spend than I do at present, I can't see myself buying a next gen console for over $300. Much less one that doesn't have Kingdom Under Fire 2, the only game I care about on next gen consoles, and which has nothing particularly to compensate. Honestly the Wii U is more interesting to me than the XBone.

I'm still anxious to find out more about the next Crackdown game of course, and its release might change my perspective completely.
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

I wonder if this applies outside of the states.

Not for myself since there's only one exclusive i kinda want for it but a friend of mine wants one a lot for a multitude of games, so it would make him quite happy.