Ultratron

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Ultratron

Post by Kong Wen »

Ultratron, a Robotron-inspired arcade shooter from Puppygames, will be coming to PS3, PS4, and Vita courtesy of Curve Digital. (Puppygames also developed Titan Attacks!, while Curve are the folks who did all the port-work for Lone Survivor, Proteus, Thomas Was Alone, and The Swapper.)

This game is already available on Steam for $10.99, but I figured the PS4 & Vita ports would be of particular interest to someone like Vic, and perhaps Nads. :neon:
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Ultratron

Post by VictorViper »

I played this on iOS a few years back. I seem to recall it being influenced by Berzerk as much as Robotron. Game was decent enough, but I expect this will be like Titan Attacks, where a $9 price hike on the original seems to be based on nothing but the "privilege" of playing it on a real system. I'll withhold judgment for now, since 1001 Spikes was marked up similarly, but it was also beefed up and tuned in a big way.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.