Grand Theft Auto V

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Kong Wen »

I know a few of you got into this game when it originally launched on last-gen systems. Rockstar has announced this morning that GTA V will be coming to PS4 and Xbox One on 18 November, and PC on 27 January 2015.

They've also detailed some of the exclusive current-gen content, and it sounds pretty sweet. It's definitely a lot more than just new items and gear:
Rockstar wrote:Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:
- New weapons, vehicles and activities
- Additional wildlife
- Denser traffic
- New foliage system
- Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.
Sounds like tons of boosted functionality. I'm particularly pleased about the new songs, since I think the radio stations are an important part of any GTA game.

There are also enhancements to the GTA Online portion of the game:
Rockstar wrote:Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Claytone »

Pretty interesting. I'd wager the extra tracks added are at least due in part to the 360's use of DVD media. Now that Blu-Ray has been adopted by MS, there's more than enough space for however many songs they want. Like you, I'm very excited about that prospect.
You got BOOST power!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

This will be a no-brainer for anyone who sat on the fence, but had otherwise planned to get around to it. Well, and have otherwise moved on to the current gen. It's nice to see they've fleshed it out a little more than just an uprez. These games never really appealed to me (though I've dabbled with all of them), but V was the first one that kept me entertained long enough to see the story through.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

In a move that's sure to please our very own kawaiipikachu, Target and Kmart have pulled GTA V from the shelves in Australia over ratings concerns.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:In a move that's sure to please our very own kawaiipikachu, Target and Kmart have pulled GTA V from the shelves in Australia over ratings concerns.
Good job Australians, we have enough violent games as it is! :P