Saints Row

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Saints Row

Post by Kong Wen »

Yossarian wrote:Just started playing 3. It's an odd thing but the intro did make me laugh. I haven't played a game like this in a long time. I had fun just setting up a character for the SR4 demo.
Keep us posted on your progress in SR3! I just finished one-hunnerd-percenting SR4 and overall I think I preferred SR3. It had somewhat more variety and outright humour.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

They're going to port Saints Row IV to PS4 and X1 for $29.99.

They're also releasing a stand-alone expansion called Saints Row: Gat out of Hell in January. It basically continues taking the insane progression of the franchise to the next level. It'll be $19.95. There will also be a bundle of SRIV and GooH for $49.99, which is more expensive then buying them separately...
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

I'm definitely gonna have to pick this up for PS4. Had it on the 360, and it was by far my favorite of the series.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Drauks wrote:I'm definitely gonna have to pick this up for PS4. Had it on the 360, and it was by far my favorite of the series.
It was a toss-up between SR3 and SR4 for me—they were both really entertaining in their own ways, but I think I liked SR3 a bit better just because you were "in the world" more, even though it was ridiculous. But I don't think SR4 was a big step back or anything like that, and I can't wait to try GOOH.
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

Kong Wen wrote:It was a toss-up between SR3 and SR4 for me—they were both really entertaining in their own ways, but I think I liked SR3 a bit better just because you were "in the world" more, even though it was ridiculous. But I don't think SR4 was a big step back or anything like that, and I can't wait to try GOOH.
Honestly, for me, I was sold completely at the beginning sequence. From then on the super-powers had a big impact on cementing that decision. I didn't mind the repetitive enemies for the most part, it's an open sandbox game that never took itself too seriously, so why should anyone else?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Drauks wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:It was a toss-up between SR3 and SR4 for me—they were both really entertaining in their own ways, but I think I liked SR3 a bit better just because you were "in the world" more, even though it was ridiculous. But I don't think SR4 was a big step back or anything like that, and I can't wait to try GOOH.
Honestly, for me, I was sold completely at the beginning sequence. From then on the super-powers had a big impact on cementing that decision. I didn't mind the repetitive enemies for the most part, it's an open sandbox game that never took itself too seriously, so why should anyone else?
The opening sequence of SR3 is one of my favourite moments in gaming. It's one of the few times I can remember cheering and laughing gleefully while playing. :D
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

You guys have sold me. $50 seemed like a damn fine deal for SRIV and all DLC plus Gat Out of Hell on release day, so I got in on the preorder.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.