Rock Band 4

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Rock Band 4

Post by Claytone »

Confirmed by Harmonix for release this year!

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/ ... 3098387456

I'm very excited about this (although I don't look forward to the money I'll presumably have to spend on new instruments). Supporting old DLC is definitely a must, IMO, so I'm glad they worked that out. I wonder, though, if they'll be able to deal with the fact that many people have shifted from 360 to PS4 this gen. All my DLC is on 360, and I've got a 'Bone, so that'll probably be what I get Rock Band on (especially since it's doubtful I'll have a PS4 by RB4's release anyway). But I do wonder if they'll support cross-platform DLC. Seems unlikely, but not doing so will probably leave some folks high and dry. :\
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Rock Band 4

Post by Kong Wen »

Oh man, existing DLC. Too bad that won't include the Beatles.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote:Too bad that won't include the Beatles.
Too bad indeed. But I still lament the fact that the keyboard was introduced after The Beatles Rock Band more than anything.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Too bad that won't include the Beatles.
Too bad indeed. But I still lament the fact that the keyboard was introduced after The Beatles Rock Band more than anything.
Looks like it's time for The Beatles: Rock Band 2, with more albums and keyboard support.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I read you won't be able to transfer PS3/360 DLC to the opposite next gen console. only if it's PS3->PS4 or 360-> Xbone. They are in the works of trying to make old peripherals work with the new game.

Considering Rock Band is one of the biggest multiplatform titles that reaches a huge audience (in its hey day at least), it's very telling how bad the Wii U's situation if it isn't getting this game of all games.

I wonder if they'll change things up at all gameplay wise. Doubtful, but maybe more different modes to play.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:I wonder if they'll change things up at all gameplay wise. Doubtful, but maybe more different modes to play.
I'm sure they'll be adding some new stuff, sharpening up the experience for the next-gen systems. I expect the online play will be a lot more solid. They're also going to have to do something innovative with sharing, since user content and streaming etc. are the vogue in gaming right now.