Club Nintendo Shutting down

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Club Nintendo Shutting down

Post by The Shoemaker »

Elite rewards are out for NA users, but you probably won't be able to redeem them for a couple days because the traffic on the site is nuts.

I was contimplating between Yoshi's New Island, Ultimate NES Remix and Mario Golf 3DS, and I think I'm going with Mario Golf. It's the only one out of the three thats actually gotten good reviews and it should be a relatively fresh experience for me since I've never really played a Mario Golf before.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kurachi

Post by Kurachi »

if anyone knows about the wii (not wii u) shop channel shutting down, please PM me here, so that i'll know, because i kinda havent been watching nintendo stuff as much anymore, and their facebook is limited to new games and some smaller stuff, mostly

as for club nintendo, i dont know if nintendo points can be used for the wii, but i did use my last stars on the site to get points.... i just have 100 wii points now, and cant do anything with it, nothing i'd like

also, small question: do wii points expire?
and if anyone can tell me if wii points can still be bought or not, please tell me
and what about nintendo points cards? can i buy em and use em for the wii?

i'm far behind with this info, lol
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Picked up Mario Party for the 3DS as my Platinum reward just because I already had everything else worth getting. If I'd have known Mario Golf was going to be an option, I wouldn't have bought it a few days ago
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kurachi wrote:if anyone knows about the wii (not wii u) shop channel shutting down, please PM me here, so that i'll know, because i kinda havent been watching nintendo stuff as much anymore, and their facebook is limited to new games and some smaller stuff, mostly

as for club nintendo, i dont know if nintendo points can be used for the wii, but i did use my last stars on the site to get points.... i just have 100 wii points now, and cant do anything with it, nothing i'd like

and if anyone can tell me if wii points can still be bought or not, please tell me

Not sure if they expire, but you cannot use Wii points on the eShop, and you cannot use Nintendo eShop currency on the Wii Shop Channel.

And that's too bad Squishy! Essentially that's the big problem with games being the rewards for this service since most people who reach an elite status have purchased most of the games.
Kurachi

Post by Kurachi »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Kurachi wrote:if anyone knows about the wii (not wii u) shop channel shutting down, please PM me here, so that i'll know, because i kinda havent been watching nintendo stuff as much anymore, and their facebook is limited to new games and some smaller stuff, mostly

Not sure if they expire, but you cannot use Wii points on the eShop, and you cannot use Nintendo eShop currency on the Wii Shop Channel.

And that's too bad Squishy! Essentially that's the big problem with games being the rewards for this service since most people who reach an elite status have purchased most of the games.
cant we buy nintendo points anymore then?

i dont use eshop, i only use my wii, for animal crossing (gamecube) mostly, but wanted to see if i can get and use wii points
i'm gonna play VC games, and maybe one day buy more, if possible

also, i cant use creditcards, so buying on my wii is impossible, as it asks for creditcards

EDIT: uh oh, if this is true, its gonna die soon
http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/26/545211 ... nd-wii-may

EDIT2: sry, tired, but its offline game wise, now looking for shop channel, sry for this
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kurachi wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:

cant we buy nintendo points anymore then?

i dont use eshop, i only use my wii, for animal crossing (gamecube) mostly, but wanted to see if i can get and use wii points
i'm gonna play VC games, and maybe one day buy more, if possible

also, i cant use creditcards, so buying on my wii is impossible, as it asks for creditcards

EDIT: uh oh, if this is true, its gonna die soon
http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/26/545211 ... nd-wii-may

EDIT2: sry, tired, but its offline game wise, now looking for shop channel, sry for this
You can still purchase and use Wii Points, not sure how many stores still sell the cards though. WiFi ended a long time ago, but the Wii Shop Channel wasn't effected.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Wii Shop channel isn't something they just can stop supporting, owners of bought games need to be able to (re)download the games. With the Wii app on Wii U it sure will be available for quite some time. As for nintendo points, I don't know if they're still sold seperately. You can try checking the local game stores, maybe they still have some in stock.
Grt. Merlin

kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Picked Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Wii U. (The hard copy went towards the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL).