Six new Japanese XBox One games announced

Microsoft discussion, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Scorpio, Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements & Gamerscore, Games on Demand, and Kinect.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: Six new Japanese XBox One games announced

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:Well, the X1 has moved 0 units in Japan so far. ;) (It's not out until September.) The main thing killing it in Japan is that it's not a handheld.
That's something I really wish Microsoft would do. I know they have Windows Phone, but I wish they would make a traditional handheld gaming console, like Nintendo and Sony do. It seems they're only into smartphones and their home console(s) and such...
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Nobody in their right mind would develop a new portable console right now, least of all Microsoft!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:Nobody in their right mind would develop a new portable console right now, least of all Microsoft!
I'm not saying MS should launch a portable. My only point is portables are the only systems that sell in Japan. It's not just Xbox that's failing as a brand there. PS4 is selling slowly. Wii U is selling slowly. Whereas even the Vita, which we're seeing as something of a hardware failure here in the west, has already pushed 30% of the PS3's lifetime numbers in Japan.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

Kong Wen wrote:My only point is portables are the only systems that sell in Japan. It's not just Xbox that's failing as a brand there. PS4 is selling slowly. Wii U is selling slowly. Whereas even the Vita, which we're seeing as something of a hardware failure here in the west, has already pushed 30% of the PS3's lifetime numbers in Japan.
Just to spread some negativity though, it's more like the Vita is less of a failure than those other consoles than that its numbers are anything to get excited about. Vita numbers at this point in its lifetime in Japan are actually lower than PS3's were in Japan at that same stage in its lifetime. So PS Vita is not without hope, as is looking increasingly to be the case with consoles, but it's not much of a success either.