Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Microsoft discussion, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Scorpio, Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements & Gamerscore, Games on Demand, and Kinect.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Post by Kong Wen »

A whole new thread just for a controller?

Yes.

Look at the features on this. The PS4 controller may have finally met its match.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Re: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Post by Jelly »

It's either this or the Steam controller for my PC TV setup. It's leaning heavily towards this one due to the unproven touchpad controls and lack of d-pad.

I hope it matches its looks and fuction with a high quality feel in your hands.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I didn't understand what they were showing with the controller, but obviously because I'm not the demographic :p So what is it, you can add stuff to the back of the controller?

EDIT: Nevermind, makes more sense now that I watched the video above. When I watched the conference there was so much lag I missed half the features in this video :p
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Jelly wrote:It's either this or the Steam controller for my PC TV setup. It's leaning heavily towards this one due to the unproven touchpad controls and lack of d-pad.

I think the regular Xbox One controller already feels pretty good, so this should only be better. Should be a nice investment.
You got BOOST power!
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

Claytone wrote:
Jelly wrote:It's either this or the Steam controller for my PC TV setup. It's leaning heavily towards this one due to the unproven touchpad controls and lack of d-pad.

I think the regular Xbox One controller already feels pretty good, so this should only be better. Should be a nice investment.
I could see myself paying $150 for a controller, if its function and quality matches that pricetag. And if I could use it on all systems. There is this dongle that lets you do that, CronusMAX Plus. It does however seem to mainly be used to run scripts to cheat in multiplayer games, I'm opposed to that kind of thing.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

So many moving/removable/adjustable parts. That doesn't lend well to longevity, especially where springs and plastic are involved. Unless that price is to cover testing and incredible QA, I'd be damn skeptical. Very nice design though, big thumbs up there.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Jelly wrote:
I could see myself paying $150 for a controller, if its function and quality matches that pricetag. And if I could use it on all systems. There is this dongle that lets you do that, CronusMAX Plus. It does however seem to mainly be used to run scripts to cheat in multiplayer games, I'm opposed to that kind of thing.
You can also just plug in any Xbox One controller with any old MicroUSB cable into a PC, and download the free driver, so that's at least two platforms.

Didn't see the $150 price tag until today though. That's awfully steep.
Last edited by Claytone on 25 Jun 2015 08:47, edited 1 time in total.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

$150 is too much for me just to use on PC. If I had an Xbox One I might consider it.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming