Software update issue on Wii U

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Software update issue on Wii U

Post by squishy »

I went to play Arkham City the other day and when I put the disc in, it said an update was needed to start the software. It also said to connect the system to the internet. I deleted the old update figuring that would solve the problem but it didn't. I doublechecked and the WiiU was connected to the internet which was functioning properly. Still nothing. Anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Software update issue on Wii U

Post by Kreegs »

I have never heard of this before, but I own the game if you would lime me to put mine in and see what happens.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

I ended up deleting all my Arkham data including my save and still nothing. Starting to get frustrated as every other disc seems to work just fine
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

You can't start software without updating? Also on the update screen press the wrench at the top and search for software updates or something like that.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Ya I already looked on download management and nothing shows up for the game there
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

squishy wrote:I ended up deleting all my Arkham data including my save and still nothing. Starting to get frustrated as every other disc seems to work just fine
Starts to sound more like a specific disc problem. I'll see if I can get around to trying out my disc today. Last played the game in 2014 (or maybe early 2015), so I must have similar data on my Wii U. Will get back on it ...
Grt. Merlin

squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Got in touch with WB Games. They think its an issue with the game not being able to connect to the internet and wanted me to change all my internet settings. Still didn't work though. I may try downloading my digital copy though and get the update from it