Majora's Mask

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Re: Majora's Mask

Post by squishy »

Overall I've been quite pleased with the remake. It looks nice, and controls great. I haven't gone back to play Ocarina Of Time 3D yet since getting the New 3DS but I hope it plays half as well as this one on the new machine.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

I might finally pick up a 3DS when I'm in America later this year, since I told myself I would for this game.

Is it possible to use the e-shop without having a US bank account?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

A Beta Fu7ure wrote:I might finally pick up a 3DS when I'm in America later this year, since I told myself I would for this game.

Why settle for a gross North American 3DS when you could get one of those delicious European New 3DS with the buttons and such? Is MM3D currently NA-only?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Kong Wen wrote:
A Beta Fu7ure wrote:I might finally pick up a 3DS when I'm in America later this year, since I told myself I would for this game.

Why settle for a gross North American 3DS when you could get one of those delicious European New 3DS with the buttons and such? Is MM3D currently NA-only?
I wasn't aware of the differences in territory. Reading about it it seems that the display is worse on the XL American version.

The reason I was thinking about it is that I don't know when I'd next be in Europe and it is next to impossible to get one in China. I know that with the Wii you had to either have an American credit card or a friend who could buy you wii points cards over there if you wanted to use the Wii shop...I was hoping Nintendo had got its act together now on that front and abandoned its stupid virtual currency.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I heard MM is a lot better on the new 3ds due to the c stick is that true?

I plan on getting a new 3ds anyway but would prefer to wait for a possible decent bundle in Australia.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:I heard MM is a lot better on the new 3ds due to the c stick is that true?

I plan on getting a new 3ds anyway but would prefer to wait for a possible decent bundle in Australia.
Well, I definitely prefer the game with the C-stick! But originally the game didn't have free camera control so obviously it's not a must have thing. You can still move the camera slightly by holding L and moving your 3DS around to get better angles just like Ocarina of Time 3D.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm actually having a bit of a tough time finishing this remake. For some reason this time around I'm really slogging through the game, not as interested in playing. I feel like with this game your first playthrough will always be the best. A lot of the enjoyment comes out of figuring out the character side quests and seeing the result of each story. Playing it for roughly my third time now I don't really get the same enjoyment out of the side quests because they're not as unique anymore and I remember, for the most part, how to do them all. I'm at Ikanya Canyon right now, so I'm close to the end.
Audio Ace
Initiate

Post by Audio Ace »

Got this game a while ago. I played it for a bit but after having to restart a dungeon because day 3 was almost done, i kinda got fed up with it and haven't touched it since. Hopefully i will try and pick it up again.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Audio Ace wrote:Got this game a while ago. I played it for a bit but after having to restart a dungeon because day 3 was almost done, i kinda got fed up with it and haven't touched it since. Hopefully i will try and pick it up again.
You've never had much luck with Zelda have you? :p

The good thing about the dungeons at least is that once you find the item in the dungeon it's very easy to go through when you come back because you can skip half of it. You can also warp to right in front of the dungeon so you don't have to repeat the initial stuff leading up to the dungeon. But I understand, I'm having a hard time going back to the game as well.
Audio Ace
Initiate

Post by Audio Ace »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Audio Ace wrote:Got this game a while ago. I played it for a bit but after having to restart a dungeon because day 3 was almost done, i kinda got fed up with it and haven't touched it since. Hopefully i will try and pick it up again.
You've never had much luck with Zelda have you? :p

The good thing about the dungeons at least is that once you find the item in the dungeon it's very easy to go through when you come back because you can skip half of it. You can also warp to right in front of the dungeon so you don't have to repeat the initial stuff leading up to the dungeon. But I understand, I'm having a hard time going back to the game as well.
Dude i just suck at these games. I still haven't beaten Wind Waker HD lol.