Zombi [U]

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Zombi [U]

Post by Kong Wen »

The popular Wii U launch game ZombiU has been upgraded for release on current-gen consoles as Zombi (sans U). It's coming on 18 August for digital download on PS4, Xbox 1, and PC.

The game actually reviewed fairly well when it came out, but found a limited audience. It features a unique character death/recovery system that some people compared to Demon's Souls.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: Zombi [U]

Post by Spore »

The WiiU gamepad support looked fun, but give this thing proper VR support and it will really shoot it over the edge. It seems slow paced enough for that to work. I don't know how all the parts where your supposed to look at your gamepad to solve a puzzle while looking around for zombies on the main screen will work otherwise.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I hope they at least maintain second screen support as an option, since PS4 and Xbox 1 both have that functionality.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I really enjoyed this game on Wii U. I thought the second screen worked well to build tension, and it was a quick efficient way of managing your inventory. It was a solid arcade like experience. The biggest critic the game received (from what I remember) was the lack of melee weapons. Looks like this remake is fixing that and adding a few extra melee weapons.

What won't be coming over is the multiplayer mode, which I thought was a lot of fun. The player with the Gamepad would place different zombies in the game using the touchscreen to gaurd multiple "flags" on the map. The player on the TV would try to capture those flags fighting the zombies in the traditional shooter way. The experience on the Gamepad was more tactical, while the experience on the TV was more survival oriented. It was a really cool mode unique to Wii U that we haven't really seen since this game.

I wonder if this does well if they'll continue with Zombi 2 like they planned (obviously wouldn't be for Wii U though).
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

I recently bought this on Wii U, new for like 3 pounds. I'm actually really looking forward to playing it. As of now I have other games I need to focus on to review so it will have to wait a while. Hopefully it'll be worth it!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Humphries90 wrote:I recently bought this on Wii U, new for like 3 pounds. I'm actually really looking forward to playing it. As of now I have other games I need to focus on to review so it will have to wait a while. Hopefully it'll be worth it!
Definitely a steal at that price. Honestly that seems to be one of the benefits of owning a Wii U this gen - 3rd party games are dirt cheap.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons