Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Post by Spore »

The Shoemaker wrote:I've been playing it a lot more lately and liking it. It's a really good portable game, real pick up and play kind of game. I love getting to the third floor or so and seeing how much gear your have and how much stronger you are. I just beat Mom for the first time yesterday, unfortunately skiped the cut scene by accident so I have no idea what happened at the end :p

There's a crazy amount of stuff to find. Is there generally only 5 or so floors?
Two basement themed. Two cave themed. Two depth themed. But uh... keep playing...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Question: Is there anything for me to do in those rooms that have 1 square of spikes in the middle? I never see anything in those rooms.

Edit: Also I see now that the number of floors has increased...
Last edited by The Shoemaker on 14 Aug 2015 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Spore wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:I just beat Mom for the first time yesterday, unfortunately skiped the cut scene by accident so I have no idea what happened at the end :p

There's a crazy amount of stuff to find. Is there generally only 5 or so floors?
Two basement themed. Two cave themed. Two depth themed. But uh... keep playing...
Once you beat Mom, that's pretty much when the game starts.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

The Shoemaker wrote:Question: Is there anything for me to do in those rooms that have 1 square of spikes in the middle? I never see anything in those rooms.
If you hurt yourself enough on one something good might happen. I never do it, personally.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Question: Is there anything for me to do in those rooms that have 1 square of spikes in the middle? I never see anything in those rooms.
If you hurt yourself enough on one something good might happen. I never do it, personally.
I see, a couple times I've been rewarded for hurting myself but I guess it's different each time. I don't think I'll bother, health is too valuable.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So I made it past womb II today and beat Mom's Heart. I had a killer set of items: I have Dad's love (or something like that) which sends a giant hand crushing enemies frequently, so powerful. I had spider infestation, so most enemies I killed turned into spiders that could fight for me. Several shot speed and power ups, the cat which gave me 9 lives, 6 heart containers, and the reroll enemy dice which let me switch out the enemies that are in the room. I also had 20 keys and 20 coins at the end of it all, and 2 steam sale tickets but I couldn't find any stores after I got them. I wish I could've kept going because I was on a roll. Didn't even give me a code so I could try that layout again!
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Afterbirth expansion pack releases October 30th for 9.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU-oejwVNAM