Monster Hunter Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Monster Hunter Discussion

Post by The Shoemaker »

Long Sword skills are pretty cool, though I feel the best style to go along with them is guild. The other styles lose the ability to goes up spirit gauge levels unless you have the Katana skill, so it feels a little wasted. I like guild style with the move that maxes out your spirit gauge so you can quickly raise your level, and then the one that lets you counter - really cool move.

Still using sword and shield a lot as well, they just made it really good in this game. I haven't figured out the timing for the uppercut move so I've just been using round force. It's a great move to have really because of how fast it fills up, and the invulnerability it offers.

I'm still early into the game. 30 hours, 4 star Village, HR 2.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
PoisonRamune
Chatbox Gargoyle
Chatbox Gargoyle

Post by PoisonRamune »

Not sure if you hunters cruise r/monsterhunter but this is relevant and accurate... I'm glowing eyes Ainsley Harriot.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I can't stand Reddit but I'll give them some credit. That picture is amazing.

I have no idea why you would not run energy charge on adept switch axe though...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

About 100 hours into Generations now and I can definitely say it's a fun game. When I first started I had no idea how many little changes each weapon has had and how the different styles change them.

At first I thought Adept was easily the best style, but I'm seeing more now that aerial can work just as well for some weapons, if not better in a few cases. Aerial Switch Axe is a lot of fun, almost feels overpowered at times. Aerial Insect Glaive is really sweet too, ups the mobility big time. It has some good skills and Guild is already pretty mobile so I could see myself switching between those two styles a lot. Adept and Aerial Long Sword are equally really good. I swap between Aerial and Adept Hunting Horn as well. As a side note, I love what they did with the horn, adding in the double notes to playing two songs at once. Just makes the weapon even better.

I haven't quite gotten into Hammer, Great Sword, Lance or Dual Swords, but I have tried them a bit. I feel pretty equal now with the Long Sword, Sword and Shield, Insect Glaive, Switch Axe, Hunting Horn and Charge Blade, so I feel like I have a pretty good variety to play with.

I'm at HR5 now and 6* Village, so I still have a bit to go. I will say that I really like the Fated Four - Not terribly challenging, but fun intense fights. Overall I'd say this game is easier than both 3U and 4U, oftentimes online hunts take less than five minutes. But I think it's a nice level for this game where it's all about experiementation.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I kind of wish they would introduce some kind of player scaling for wifi. To me it's dumb how enemy large monsters have the same health whether you're fighting them with 2 people or 4 people.

After duoing through almost the entire game with my friend, 4 player hunts just felt cheap and cheesy. I agree with you that it's definitely much easier than 4U or any other MH game.