What are you playing right now?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Kong Wen »

I'm still sinking tons of time into No Man's Sky on PS4. I've found a lovely winter planet on which I'm committed to finding 100% of its species. Then I'm going to see what this Atlas nonsense is all about.

On Wii U, I've just started The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for the first time, and explored the starting village. This is the final game needed to finish my New Year's resolutions.

I'm still grinding away at Pokémon Picross on 3DS. I haven't spent a penny, and I've been doing the daily challenges for... almost a full year? I only have two more zones left to unlock, then I can start saving up for side-stuff that'll help me clear the in-game achievements.

I haven't played Reigns in a while, but I'll probably get back to it soon. It's a pretty fun little game for short-burst sessions.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I am playing Majora's Mask on the 64. One of my favorite games I think. It is so deep and so dark.

Also playing LEGO Racers on the 64. Kind of a fun MK clone. I love the 90's LEGO set nostalgia.

Also playing Tarzan on the 64. Surprisingly good sidescrolling 2.5 D platformer. Reminds me of DKC a little bit.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I'm playing Divinity Original Sin for PC. It's a very interesting and mechanically deep game. Lots of classes, strategies and stats to keep track of.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: On Wii U I'm still into Lego City Undercover. Story is beat, but there's still a lot to unlock and it's fun to play (load times are bad though). Tried Oddworld a couple of times, still on the first chapter having a hard time not killing own kind.
Really is too bad about the load times, otherwise it's a really enjoyable game.
Kreegs wrote:I am playing Majora's Mask on the 64. One of my favorite games I think. It is so deep and so dark.

Also playing LEGO Racers on the 64. Kind of a fun MK clone. I love the 90's LEGO set nostalgia.

Also playing Tarzan on the 64. Surprisingly good sidescrolling 2.5 D platformer. Reminds me of DKC a little bit.
Doing your own celebration of the 64's 20th anniversary?
Jordan wrote:I'm playing Divinity Original Sin for PC. It's a very interesting and mechanically deep game. Lots of classes, strategies and stats to keep track of.
My buddy was playing that on PS4. He gave it a good recommendation, just been waiting for a sale.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

The Shoemaker wrote: My buddy was playing that on PS4. He gave it a good recommendation, just been waiting for a sale.
Keep your eyes peeled, it dips below $20 pretty frequently. I still haven't really touched my copy.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Playing Axiom Verge on Wii U. Trying to play it without checking walkthroughs, but had to do it once when I thought I was stuck. Appears I missed a message explaining how to use a powerup I found. After that one check, I haven't checked again and am wandering not knowing where to go. Got to a point where I can't return to the other areas, unless I get a high/double jump powerup. Can't say I'm enjoying the game, but also can't say I'm not enjoying it ...
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Playing Axiom Verge on Wii U. Trying to play it without checking walkthroughs, but had to do it once when I thought I was stuck. Appears I missed a message explaining how to use a powerup I found. After that one check, I haven't checked again and am wandering not knowing where to go. Got to a point where I can't return to the other areas, unless I get a high/double jump powerup. Can't say I'm enjoying the game, but also can't say I'm not enjoying it ...
I'm guessing AM2R was a lot better?

Been playing some stuff

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest - Enjoying this version even more than I enjoyed Birthright. The marginally better story and interesting maps have a lot to do with it, as well as the characters. I'm on Chapter 16 now, paired Corrin up with Silas, debating whether I want to use Sophie or not. She seems to have the potential to be decent, but ultimately will be overshadowed by her father and Xander as paladins. The beginning of the game was tough but the game has settled into a nice difficulty. A little nervous that I might be overpowered after doing all of these children quests. So far Odin and Camilla have died. One decent unit and one great unit (unlucky critical), but I gotta move on. Fates has so many characters I don't mind if some die here and there, gives me a reason to use other characters.

Bloodborne - Been playing quite a bit of this over the past few days. Made my way through Old Yharnam and beat the boss, now I'm at a crossroads between doing the Cathedral Ward boss, or trying out two different areas. Been sticking to the saw cleaver, just seems to work best for me in terms of damage and range. Level 45.

Super Mario 3D Land - Beat all the special levels, just working on beating all levels with both characters to unlock the final final level.

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - 4 worlds 100% beat, just the 5th world to go now.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Aside from Divinity, I've also been playing Persona Q and Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote:
MerlinDrazziw wrote:Playing Axiom Verge on Wii U. Trying to play it without checking walkthroughs, but had to do it once when I thought I was stuck. Appears I missed a message explaining how to use a powerup I found. After that one check, I haven't checked again and am wandering not knowing where to go. Got to a point where I can't return to the other areas, unless I get a high/double jump powerup. Can't say I'm enjoying the game, but also can't say I'm not enjoying it ...
I'm guessing AM2R was a lot better?
AM2R was more familiar, even though it had a lot of differences with the original. The metroid side of the 'story' and general layout was somewhat the same, everything else was different. Still have to beat AM2R, was working on a second run with the knowledge of the first run. First run ended with the queen battle (that I lost). If you like Zero Mission or Fusion, you should give AM2R a try.
Axiom Verge looks more based on concept of original Metroid: retro styled without guidance where to go. If it weren't for the save stations and practically no loss of progress, I don't think I would keep on playing. Still waiting for some kind of turning point in the game where I can say "wow, that's great!".
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote:Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice.
How is Spirit of Justice? Did you ever play Dual Destiny's?

I haven't had too much time for gaming, mostly been playing 3DS stuff here and there.

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge: Beat this one a few days back, pretty enjoyable. Lots of hidden characters to find, I don't think I'll be going back for them though, as this point I would just be using a guide for most of them.

Bloodborne:
Made a lot of progress right before school started and haven't been able to play again until tonight. Working through
Spoiler
Yahar'gul, The Unseen Village (I think), the place where you can see the previous invisible huge monsters and enemies constantly respawn. Made it to the second Lantern. The respawning enemies make things very tense.
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest - I believe I'm on chapter 17 or 18 now, the one with all the ninja's. Just got my first kids - Kana and Sohpie, both from Corrin and Silas. They are both surprisingly middle of the road units. I was hoping Corrin's high speed and Silas's high defense would make killer units, but I think they both ended up middling to good. Sophie is mostly just redundant - don't need another horse when I already have Silas, Xander and the other brother. I might just say screw the kids, they don't make sense anyways :lol:

I've also been playing a bit of Picross e5. I like the e series, I always find it funny how they sometimes choose incredibly random household objects to form a picture. Like a freaking clothespin.