Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Focus right now will be promoting the heck out of the Mini NES for the upcoming holiday season. Seems like including some sort of poster or information card for the Switch in the Mini NES box would be a smart move if any marking people from Nintendo are reading this.
"You like these games? Buy all 30 all over again for only $4.99 each on Nintendo Switch!" ;) :lol:

Surprised they haven't really been talking about the Mini NES in North America, it's not even available to pre-order yet.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kreegs wrote:Focus right now will be promoting the heck out of the Mini NES for the upcoming holiday season. Seems like including some sort of poster or information card for the Switch in the Mini NES box would be a smart move if any marking people from Nintendo are reading this.
I hope nintendo hven't overlooked something so simple like that. Even if it's just a picture saying coming march. They could say more details to come Jan 12th (or 13th depending on region) would cost bugger all to do right?
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Yes, not putting a Switch flyer in a little niche product would definitely be a catastrophic marketing gaffe.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Nintendo could still tease stuff between now and then and there might be games announced for it before then too. I don't expect a total switch drought for 2 1/2 months.
I dunno man. We've seen a NX/Switch drought of news before recently. I easily would not be surprised to see Nintendo keep things under wraps until January (which I think is a mistake). They might as well dominate headlines now before Sony reveals the Playstation TurnOn and Microsoft reveals the MS VRoom.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Interesting little anecdote: I was having a chat with 4 regular folks yesterday afternoon and I brought up the Switch. These guys have all been known to play video games as a hobby with varying degrees of intensity at one time or another (I'm not going to besmirch them with the "gamers" epithet, per se). To a man, they all expressed varying degrees of disinterest and skepticism. Not interested in another Mario or Zelda. Not interested in an underpowered system. Not interested in a video game tablet. Not interested in playing 5-year-old Skyrim on something that's not PC/PS4one.

Even if it's a more solid concept than the Wii U, and even if they execute it well, and even if they bring their considerable portable expertise to bear, Nintendo still has their work cut out for them. The Mario-hat-wearing Nintendo fan dollar is accounted for regardless. The true measure of Switch's success will be the degree to which it manages to convince everyone else.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

They need to do what they did with snes and nes leading by having a great lineup of 3rd party games. Will FF come back to Nintendo? Kingdom Hearts 3? Cod (a non shit version) all the pew pew shooter 2017 and those other massive AAA games. Without them no one will buy it. It comes down to games and I believe using a cart is going to turn people off sadly. (Devs)
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Nah, I don't agree with you Kong Wen. Literally all they need is the 3DS audience and maybe some of the mobile audience.

The types of gamers who play PS4 and Xbone or are PC only would be nice to win over, but aren't strictly necessary. Both the DS and 3DS sold very well. Provided that Nintendo can replicate their success here, I don't think they have their work cut out for them at all.

It boils down to price point, marketing and third party support. If it's billed as the next Nintendo portable and comes reasonably priced, a lot of people will want one. Nintendo portables in the last two generations did phenomenally well.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote:Nah, I don't agree with you Kong Wen. Literally all they need is the 3DS audience and maybe some of the mobile audience.

The types of gamers who play PS4 and Xbone or are PC only would be nice to win over, but aren't strictly necessary. Both the DS and 3DS sold very well. Provided that Nintendo can replicate their success here, I don't think they have their work cut out for them at all.

It boils down to price point, marketing and third party support. If it's billed as the next Nintendo portable and comes reasonably priced, a lot of people will want one. Nintendo portables in the last two generations did phenomenally well.
I keep saying it, but all it needs is Pokemon, Monster Hunter and Yo Kai Watch. Get those handheld titles on there and the handheld developers will come. Who knows, maybe we'll see a lot of the third party devs that supported the Vita and not the 3DS.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

You nailed it Shoe. Those titles will sell millions of copies.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Jordan wrote:Nintendo portables in the last two generations did phenomenally well.
Hasn't every Nintendo handheld bar sold well?