Trophy Bragging Rights

The home of various "master lists" of This Old Neon members' gaming accomplishments and collections. Achievements and trophies, play time, and lists of collected and completed games go here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Trophy Bragging Rights

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 09 Sep 2018 20:14 Platinum trophy #52: Bloodborne

I also picked all all the trophies from the Old Hunters DLC.

This bumped me up into PSN level 24. Woot!
Platinum trophy #53: Beat Saber

This was an extremely tough but satisfying trophy, because I had to learn a completely new (and physically demanding) skillset in order to work my way up to it. It was also the first VR game I ever played, barring Virtual Boy, which absolutely counts.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣9️⃣ for Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight. This was a pretty easy platinum, not unlike P4 Dancing. P5 looks easy as well, so I should be able to pick up a third platinum from this spinoff series whenever I feel like getting around to it!
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 20 Aug 2019 02:59 Platinum trophy #53: Beat Saber

This was an extremely tough but satisfying trophy, because I had to learn a completely new (and physically demanding) skillset in order to work my way up to it. It was also the first VR game I ever played, barring Virtual Boy, which absolutely counts.
Platinum trophy #54: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Just cleared this in two sittings in one day. A friend recommended it and it had been sitting near the top of my backlog pile for quite some time, so it was nice to get rid of it.

Sadly, I didn't think it was very good. The combat was boring and mostly unnecessary. Puzzles were rudimentary. Overall the game was overwrought and tedious. I give it props for trying to deliver a video game story in an interesting and unique way, and while that was probably the game's strength, even that didn't resonate with me.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 29 Sep 2019 06:39 Platinum trophy #54: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Just cleared this in two sittings in one day. A friend recommended it and it had been sitting near the top of my backlog pile for quite some time, so it was nice to get rid of it.

Sadly, I didn't think it was very good. The combat was boring and mostly unnecessary. Puzzles were rudimentary. Overall the game was overwrought and tedious. I give it props for trying to deliver a video game story in an interesting and unique way, and while that was probably the game's strength, even that didn't resonate with me.
Platinum trophy #55: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Quite a good Castlevania game! I said more about it in the game clear thread, but I was impressed with the variety of weapons and moves that let you customize your build however you liked. There were definitely some very helpful shards later in the game, but there were a couple of bosses that were tricky enough that you had to use good tactics instead of just going toe-to-toe with them.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 06 Oct 2019 22:59 Platinum trophy #55: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Quite a good Castlevania game! I said more about it in the game clear thread, but I was impressed with the variety of weapons and moves that let you customize your build however you liked. There were definitely some very helpful shards later in the game, but there were a couple of bosses that were tricky enough that you had to use good tactics instead of just going toe-to-toe with them.
Platinum trophy #56: Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition

This game blew my mind with how much content and world they kept rolling out at you. Every time you turn around, there's exponentially more to do. There were surprising platforming sections, and surprising intricate boss fights, making this much more than your average collect-and-explore game. It also really did the "found lore" approach to a dead/dying world quite nicely as well. Highly recommended for anyone who likes hard platformers or Metcastlevanias. Especially since it can be found on sale for $10. This has the meat of a $60 game.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I got my 39th platinum in Life is Strange 2. Good game but weaker than the first couple. No theme song as this wasn’t much of a time sink.

I wonder what my 40th will be?
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote: 11 Dec 2019 05:41 I got my 39th platinum in Life is Strange 2. Good game but weaker than the first couple. No theme song as this wasn’t much of a time sink.

Congratulations! Put some thought into your 40th. :) I wonder if you'll be able to crank another one out before the end of 2019?
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Kong Wen wrote: 11 Dec 2019 19:42
Sharecrow wrote: 11 Dec 2019 05:41 I got my 39th platinum in Life is Strange 2. Good game but weaker than the first couple. No theme song as this wasn’t much of a time sink.

Congratulations! Put some thought into your 40th. :) I wonder if you'll be able to crank another one out before the end of 2019?
I don’t see it happening this year. I’m not close on anything really. I’m still thinking about what to go for though...
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Not a new plat, but still a milestone nonetheless, I hit PS level 25 last night while playing Guacamelee! 2. Lots of space between levels now. :D
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣🔟 is Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition. I honestly love this game. Just goofy fun. Definitely a grindy platinum (requires a minimum of 4 playthroughs, not counting the failure states that also earn trophies!), but I can now say I know this game inside and out, for whatever that's worth.

I don't usually do theme songs like our buddy Share, but for this one, I'm gonna boost this passionate cover of "Night Trap" that has way too few views for its level of effort.

You got BOOST power!