Rumour claims Nintendo is working on a remaster for 2015

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: Rumour claims Nintendo is working on a remaster for 2015

Post by kitroplious »

Maybe it would make a bit more sense when a 15" screen of "new" Nintendo 3DS XXXL is made! :P
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

A Beta Fu7ure wrote:Well we now know the answer to the mystery and it seems that none of us were exactly right:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/29/xe ... tendo-3ds/

I have to say I find this news underwhelming and disappointing.

One of the chief reasons that Xenoblade remains the only unbeaten "rainfall" game for me among the three is not just it's immense scale but also that I have never yet been in a position to play it as I'd like to. i.e. on a GIANT TELEVISION

The game's vast, enormous world cries out to be played big screen and big sound, not to mention in HD which the Wii couldn't offer.

So what does Nintendo do? They shrink it down and put it on a portable.

Terrible decision.
Well, I guess I was close to right, but the whole point of a Xenoblade Chronicles remake should have been to take the large-scale game and correct its only major flaw: the terrible, dated, PS2-era graphics. That game would look amazing in HD.

Beta, not only are they shrinking it down and putting it on a portable—they're putting it on a new portable that no one has, and making it incompatible with the massive 3DS install base. I probably would have grudgingly bought it for 3DS even though it's an awful platform decision, but now that kind of impulse buy isn't even possible.

I wonder what other games they're planning to handcuff with N3DS-only "functionality".
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Every time I see this thread, that Adele song pops into my head...

Rumor has it, Rumor has it...
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote:How about throwing in a Best of Nintendo HD collection of Super Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Star Fox, Kirby's Return to Dream Land... just to name a few!
That would just be too good to be true :P
Kong Wen wrote:
A Beta Fu7ure wrote:Well we now know the answer to the mystery and it seems that none of us were exactly right:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/29/xe ... tendo-3ds/

I have to say I find this news underwhelming and disappointing.

One of the chief reasons that Xenoblade remains the only unbeaten "rainfall" game for me among the three is not just it's immense scale but also that I have never yet been in a position to play it as I'd like to. i.e. on a GIANT TELEVISION

The game's vast, enormous world cries out to be played big screen and big sound, not to mention in HD which the Wii couldn't offer.

So what does Nintendo do? They shrink it down and put it on a portable.

Terrible decision.
Well, I guess I was close to right, but the whole point of a Xenoblade Chronicles remake should have been to take the large-scale game and correct its only major flaw: the terrible, dated, PS2-era graphics. That game would look amazing in HD.

Beta, not only are they shrinking it down and putting it on a portable—they're putting it on a new portable that no one has, and making it incompatible with the massive 3DS install base. I probably would have grudgingly bought it for 3DS even though it's an awful platform decision, but now that kind of impulse buy isn't even possible.

I wonder what other games they're planning to handcuff with N3DS-only "functionality".
I feel like there's going to be another big remaster, like on the Wii U, but I suppose remaster on new hardware can be considered "big"

I actually like the idea of Xenoblade on the 3DS. I've never played it, but I heard it's really long and I like the idea of not having to put aside time to play on the TV. This is something I can play anywhere now. Plus, we'll have Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii U.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons