Star Fox Wii U thoughts

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Star Fox Wii U thoughts

Post by The Shoemaker »

Humphries90 wrote:As long as the delay makes it into a better game than it would have been, I'm all for it.

Definitely looking forward to it though. The older I get the more I'm into arcade time games and Star Fox fits into that well.
I agree, something I`m a little more open to now that before. I kind of wish I still had a copy of Star Fox 64 3D, that game is great to play over and over.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The more I hear about this game, the more excited I am. I am just itching to play some more Star Fox!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Not interested in it. I thought the snes and 64 games were fun but overrated. I stopped caring about the series after that and really am not expecting anything from the new game.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm excited to play it, I'm not sure how good it will be. I really liked Star Fox 64, but I enjoyed it as a $10 virtual console experience. This game looks to be the standard $80, so I'm hoping there's enough content inside to justify the price.

The fact that it's a Star Fox 64 reboot in a way doesn't bode well with me, because I'm not as big of a fan of nostalgia as Nintendo is. I'm hoping for good stuff though, I've had the game pre-ordered for almost a year now.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

No way is this going to be a day one buy for me, just because I don't have the time. Once May hits I will be all over it.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:No way is this going to be a day one buy for me, just because I don't have the time. Once May hits I will be all over it.
When does it come out, April? I'll probably be able to play it here and there since exams will be ending and it's a came that is good for 15 minute sessions.

I still have Xenoblade Chronicles X to play through, Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, Fire Emblem Conquest, Witcher 3, Bloodborne and lots of other games too. Hopefully I'll be able to knock them all out during the summer :p
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I know some of you have this game. How did you like it?
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kreegs wrote:I know some of you have this game. How did you like it?
I had fun with it. Controls were sometimes incredibly frustrating, and other times pretty gratifying. I'll give them more time in further playthroughs when I get the chance after finals.

In terms of plot, gameplay, style, and what have you, if you've played any of the traditional shooter Star Fox games, you know what you're in for.

Haven't given Guard a try yet. Will post about that when I do.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I haven't played nearly enough to give a full opinion on the title, but I think it's fair to say it plays things pretty safe for a Star Fox title, in terms of story, structure, design ect. The art design is quite disappointing, the enemies are pretty bland looking, very much feels like SF64.

The controls for me are a hindrance at times, and really functional and neat at others. Most of the time it feels good with just a little bit of awkwardness due to looking at the screen then game pad. I feel like during dog fights you really understand what they were going for.

Overall it's still fun, levels are well designed, but it would be nice to see something a little more ambitious. But again, I'm only about 4 levels in, haven't tried Guard yet.
Han Solo
Cinephile and Gamer

Post by Han Solo »

Star Fox Guard is a lot of fun. I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than Zero. Guard makes great use of the two screens. I'm really surprised there hasn't been game similare to it on the DS/3DS. Star Fox Zero on the other hand is just a pain to play. I'm shocked they didn't give us some different options for the controls. The game itself is very easy, but the controls just make doing everything more difficult than they should be. The all-range mode sections are where the controls are at their worst. I don't know if this is accurate, but the on-rail sections (which is mostly why I play these games) certainly felt like they were shorter than they were in the SNES and N64 entries.