Star Fox Wii U thoughts

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: Star Fox Wii U thoughts

Post by kitroplious »

Kreegs wrote:Correct. This game is not on any VC service legally. I am sure some people have obtained their digital copy by other means, but I am only into supporting legal games. Since I had a Genesis and not a SNES, I have to wait until Nintendo puts it up on the shop.
Oh you're talking about the first game... yeah no.

But as soon as the SNES Star Fox arrives on Wii U Virtual Console, I'll be running for it (like all the other classic games... at least on 3DS).
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Hopefully Nintendo figures out how to emulate the FX chip in SNES games, I don't think any games that featured it have ever come out on VC. I'm not sure if any game that used the N64 expansion pack came out either, I think Majora's Mask might have used it.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The Shoemaker wrote:Hopefully Nintendo figures out how to emulate the FX chip in SNES games, I don't think any games that featured it have ever come out on VC. I'm not sure if any game that used the N64 expansion pack came out either, I think Majora's Mask might have used it.
Can somebody explain to me why this chip is so hard to emulate??? I am thinking that they just aren't really trying.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

It took years for the emulation scene to get it right. That's all I know.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:Can somebody explain to me why this chip is so hard to emulate??? I am thinking that they just aren't really trying.
You're more or less correct. It's not just because they're lazy or inept, though. Probably has more to do with the fact that they have little to gain from allocating work to emulating the chip for VC, mainly because there are only 3 Nintendo games that use it (Stunt Race FX, Star Fox, and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island).

It wouldn't be impossible to emulate. It basically provided a bit more hardware power for graphics processing, which modern systems obviously have in abundance.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I would think that by emulating at least 2 of those 3 games, they could stand to make some money on the VC? Both Star Fox and Yoshis Island are from well know IPs and I think would have a strong show of support on the digital market.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So, the game has now been delayed until 2016. It previously had a Novemeber 2015 launch date before I believe. I guess Nintendo's only big game for the holiday's is Xenoblade Chronicles X, but that won't get too much attention, but I doubt Star Fox would have either.

Was anyone really looking forward to the game? I was fine with the news because I didn't think I would have time to play the game when it came out anyways. It's not too clear what they'll be able to acomplish in the few months that they're delaying it, but I'm guessing if you weren't interested in it before you won't be too interested when it finally comes out either.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I would have liked it, but I am very short on time as well. I will play it whenever it comes out.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:I would have liked it, but I am very short on time as well. I will play it whenever it comes out.
Definitely, I don't mind if they take some more time to spruce it up.
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

As long as the delay makes it into a better game than it would have been, I'm all for it.

Definitely looking forward to it though. The older I get the more I'm into arcade time games and Star Fox fits into that well.