What phone/tablet do you have?

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Re: What phone/tablet do you have?

Post by Jelly »

Kreegs wrote:I love how for the longest time there was this craze to get phones as small as possible. Now people want HUGE screens. Pretty soon, we will be right back to the briefcase cell phone again.
The fad of smaller phones mostly applies to older feature phones, when the phones were mainly used for calling and texting. Now people want bigger smartphones because they're used differently -- they're used to display content on the screen. Bigger is often better in that case.

I personally have a big phone out of compromize, I'm only going to carry one device, and then it's nice to have something with similiar functionaly of a tablet computer.

Image (I had this phone, just had to link it. )
RamenJunkie
Initiate

Post by RamenJunkie »

Primarily I use a Nokia 635. I really like it, it's snappy and takes better photos than my old 520. Windows phone is pretty nice as well. It also gives me a way to earn Xbox points...

I also have a Nexus 7 but after the last few updates the thing runs like junk and I barely use it for anything, gaming or otherwise.
--
Ramen Junkie

http://www.lameazoid.com
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

It’s been 3-4 years since anyone posted here which seems to be about the average turnaround for phones these days.

I have a iPhone SE after my 5s charging port just gave up and I didn’t want to spend more $$$. I’m kind of sick of apple now and really hated how getting a new phone has never felt fun like it use to. Working the ins and outs of the phone and setting it all up was so much fun but just restoring a backup from my old iPhone is boring not to mention I don’t like where the iPhone line is going.

So I’m looking at getting something new. Possibly a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact due to liking the size of my phone and wanting crazy good battery life. Bit worried about switching though really hoping the OS is as smooth as iOS.

Anyone with any recommendations feel free to chime in. I kinda also want to splerg on a Pixel 2 or 1 but I think it’s not worth the $$$
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I switched from an iPhone 6+ to a Pixel 2 XL and I swear by it. This is the best phone I've ever had, and I definitely think it's worth the money, but that's subjective (depends on how much money you have, how much you use your phone, etc.)! I was sick of iOS and Apple's customer "care" and I was already using most elements of Google's ecosystem, so I basically just had to learn Android, which only took a couple of days.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 04 Jul 2018 15:12 I switched from an iPhone 6+ to a Pixel 2 XL and I swear by it. This is the best phone I've ever had, and I definitely think it's worth the money, but that's subjective (depends on how much money you have, how much you use your phone, etc.)! I was sick of iOS and Apple's customer "care" and I was already using most elements of Google's ecosystem, so I basically just had to learn Android, which only took a couple of days.
I’m looking at $920 for the Pixel 2/$1080 for the Pixel 2 XL v $550 for the XZ1 Compact.

Apparently the Pixel 3 is coming soon as well.

Also size wise the pixel is massive compare to what I’m use to which I’m worried about if I’ll like or not. But I think if I do get a flagship phone it will be the Pixel something.

iPhone SE size 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
XZ1 Compact size 129 x 64 x 9.3 mm
Pixel 2 size 145.7 x 69.7 x 7.8 mm
Pixel 2 XL size 157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Switched my iPhone 4S for an iPhone SE. Maybe get a new iPad soon (2018 version).
Grt. Merlin

neuzd
Ω

Post by neuzd »

It's pretty bad on its own, but considering I come from almost 20 years of classic Nokias, it's a real pain to get used to it.